Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
New Mexico MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
There are currently 2 MSW programs to choose from in New Mexico. The most prominent provider of MSW programs may be New Mexico State University, located in Las Cruces. Students that have an interest in completing this program should review the application requirements prior to applying.
There is one in-state Online MSW program at New Mexico State University, which is offered only Full-Time, but you might consider other Online MSW programs.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
MSW programs in New Mexico can help students obtain careers focused on helping groups of their choice. Some popular specialization options for MSW programs may include Youth Social Work, Medical Social Work, and even Psychiatric Social Work.
The goal of a Master of Social Work program is generally to further educate students on the methods available for assisting people with managing difficulties within their personal lives and providing them with tools and skills for success. If you might be interested in learning about some of the most popular convenience options associated with this degree program, read more in the guide below.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
New Mexico Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Workers in New Mexico can enjoy the benefits of working with children, adults, and groups depending on their specialty. Common career options in mental health and corrections may provide you job satisfaction as well as a competitive salary depending on your location.
- Child, Family, and School Social Work: $37,950 median salary per year. In this field, professionals can work closely with children in the school system, those that have experienced abuse or neglect, or juveniles that have charges such as unruly or delinquency. A lot of this career responsibilties in this area involve both children and their families.
- Healthcare Social Work: $54,850 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Work can include working with individuals that have been diagnosed with various health-related illnesses or those in long-term care facilities. Coordinating care, assisting with attaining services, and overall process guidance are primary components of this professional area.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work: $44,590 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers may be assigned clients that are currently receiving services in either area. Progress on treatment goals, obtaining therapies and medication management, and social resources are some of the things you may be responsible for in this field.
- Social Work, All Other: $55,040 median salary per year. Becoming a Social Worker in Nex Mexico can mean finding a career in diverse and important social areas. Clinical Social Workers is an alternative career path that requires additional training, but can allow you to provide one-on-one therapeutic services to your clients in the field.
Social Worker Salaries in New Mexico
- Albuquerque: $60,270 median salary per year
- Farmington: $39,280 median salary per year
- Las Cruces: $52,870 median salary per year
- Santa Fe: $32,530 median salary per year
New Mexico Social Work Licensure
The New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department requires that master's graduates hold a degree from a CSWE-accredited degree program.
Applicants can receive their Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) distinction after degree completion and success passing of the ASWB examination. Clinical licensing options may additionally require 2-3 years of supervised clinical experience.
Online MSW Programs in New Mexico
One of the best ways for maximizing convenience in higher education is to choose an online MSW program. These programs can be reliable replacement options for students that do not have the time to attend classes during the week or even at night. New Mexico is a great place to be in terms of degree availability, since this state currently offers 2 CSWE-accredited online MSW programs for students to choose from. Each of these programs can offer students a completely online curriculum for further skill-building in social work courses.
New Mexico State University Online MSW
New Mexico State University has an online MSW program that is offered in a full-time format. The specialization option available at this school is the Advanced Generalist option, which could be good if you do not have a particular group that you wish to work with.
Western New Mexico University MSW Programs
Western New Mexico University provides accredited MSW programs in full-time, part-time, and advanced standing format, which can open doors to an even broader range of potential students. While this program can be an excellent choice for New Mexico residents seeking a positive change in their career, students all over the country may be welcome to apply at this university.
Social Work Agencies and Licensure in New Mexico
The New Mexico Board of Social Work Examiners can keep you up to date with what is required to become a licensed social worker in your state. One of the primary requirements for licensure in New Mexico is to obtain a CSWE-accredited MSW program from an approved institution.
Recap of New Mexico MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are just 2 MSW programs in New Mexico.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: Both New Mexico MSW programs accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department.
List of MSW Programs in New Mexico
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited New Mexico MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in New Mexico.