Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Maryland MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
Maryland provides 3 MSW programs to students that are interested in taking this route with the education. The universities that students may be most likely to find these programs are Morgan State University, Salisbury University, and the University of Maryland at Baltimore.
Each of these schools may be accepting new students into their reliable degree programs in order to provide a higher number of educated and experienced social workers to their state.
People within the state of Maryland may find it their duty to help others, provide support to their communities, and work together to safe and inviting communities. Since residents of this state are so focused on providing a supportive environment, it makes sense that fields such as social work could be a popular degree option for people in this area.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Maryland
If convenience in education is what you are after, Maryland may have programs to fit your needs. Throughout the entire state, there are 2 programs that could potential meet the needs of even the busiest of students.
Online and accredited MSW programs can help students ensure that their degree program is reliable and acceptable in the eyes of the State Board of Social Work Examiners, while still providing the opportunity of convenience along the way. Morgan State University offers a full-time online MSW program that currently does not require students to visit the campus at all during their experience.
Students can learn through asynchronous format, and complete their program within 2-3 years. Concentration options at Morgan State may include Urban Children, Youth, and Families. At Salisbury University, students can take part in either part-time or advanced standing degree options depending on their degree history. This fully online degree program may allow students to choose from specialization options in Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, and Organizations.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Maryland Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Holding the MSW degree in Maryland can lead you into many fascinating fields. Social Worker careers can connect you with clients in all age groups and settings and provide you with a comfortable income throughout your career.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $57,830 median salary per year. Social Workers that connect families and work with children in the school system may engage in a wide variety of activities during a normal work day. Home visits, school visits, identifying community resources, and attending court dates are just a few of the many duties that you may participate in within this area of expertise.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $56,510 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers may be assigned to patients that are newly diagnosed with serious health-related illnesses. Support in this field includes assisting family members with identifying group or individual therapy, helping clients find doctors and other providers in the community, and partnering with families as patients are transferred from hospitals to the home environment.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $45,430 median salary per year. Social Workers in mental health and substance abuse commonly work in rehabilitation facilities and within counseling organizations. They may be assigned to individuals that are working through treatment plans or those that are transitioning from the treatment environment into society. Treatment planning, goal setting, and resource locating are a few of the activities common in this field.
- Social Workers, All Other: $69,980 median salary per year. Social Workers in Maryland can provide therapeutic services when supervised by a LCSW, can advocate for children and families through the court system, and can even be assigned to clients with rare health-related diagnoses in the medical setting. Our team encourages you to explore the alternative Social Work positions current available within your state.
Social Worker Salaries in Maryland
- Baltimore: $68,020 median salary per year
- Lexington Park: $46,630 median salary per year
- Cumberland: $39,890 median salary per year
- Hagerstown: $46,850 median salary per year
Maryland Social Work Licensure
The Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners currently allows licensure to MSW holders at 2 different levels.
The Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) option is available to CSWE-accredited MSW graduates that have passed the ASWB examination.
The Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) licensing option requires 2 additional years of supervised clinical experience. The LCSW distinction allows Social Work professionals to work independently and in private practice.
Cities in Maryland for Social Work
Popular cities for social work learners in Maryland may include Baltimore and Salisbury. Although students within this area may have quicker access to MSW degree programs, students from all over the state and beyond may be welcomed with open arms into programs open for enrollment.
Board of Research Examiners
If you would like to research further into what it might require to apply for and be approved for licensure in social work within this state, you should take a look at the Maryland Board of Research Examiners. The Board can assist students in determining their eligibility and can be a resource for you to use as you choose from a large number of available MSW programs.
Recap of Maryland MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 3 MSW programs in Maryland.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All three Maryland MSW programs are CSWE accredited. View the page of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and managed by The Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for LMSW and LCSW licensing.
List of MSW Programs in Maryland
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Maryland MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Maryland.