Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Arizona MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
The Master of Social Work program is a great option for those in Arizona that have already completed a bachelors-level program in social work or related field. This program can assist with providing a more focused perspective on various groups within society - most of which require assistance with maintaining a healthy and productive way of life.
Universities throughout the state of Arizona can provide you with the curriculum needed to help sharpen your skills and begin your journey towards licensure as a social worker.
Specialization options are a great way to focus your skills within particular areas in society. Some students choose to take the clinical route, which can provide you with counseling skills relevant to the needs of society, while others may take on leadership specializations or those within a particular social field. Regardless of which specialization you prefer, there may be degree programs in Arizona that can help you obtain the job you desire.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Consider Licensure When Choosing a MSW Program
Those interested in becoming licensed within the field of social work should always be up to date with their state's requirements. As the times change, the requirements for licensure may also change.
One way that you can thwart this interference is becoming familiar with licensure agencies within your area. In the state of Arizona, the agency of interest for upcoming licensed social workers is the Arizona State Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Online MSW Programs in Arizona
There are 3 schools in Arizona with a Master of Social Work program. Only one of those is CSWE accredted (Council of Social Work Education), and is located in Phoenix, AZ.
If you are currently employed or have life duties that could possibly interfere with your ability to attend regular classes, online MSW programs may be the best option for your lifestyle. These online programs may have been designed to provide you with information about specific groups of society, while encouraging you to engage in self-learning throughout the process.
The online learning environment may consist of many different components including virtual interaction with instructors, email correspondence with classmates and online submission of assignments through your educational website. Most online MSW programs can be completed in 1-2 years, with some part-time options requiring slightly more time. Check out some online MSW programs for upcoming students below.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Arizona Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Workers in Arizona can work with families, in schools, and even in the healthcare field after completing all educational and licensing requirements. The role of each Social Work professional and their respective salaries are listed below for you to review.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: Median salary of $37,300 per year in Arizona. Social workers in this specialized area may work directly with children in the welfare system. In some cases, social work professionals may advocate for children that have experienced neglect or abuse. In the school system, social work professionals may meet regularly with children to ensure their emotional, behavioral, and educational well-being.
- Healthcare Social Workers: Median salary of $58,710 per year in Arizona. Healthcare Social Workers work hand-in-hand with clients that have been diagnosed with moderate to severe illnesses or disease. Part of the goal of the social worker in this field is to provide support, guidance, and services to clients that are coping with life-changing illnesses that interfere with their overall quality of life.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: Median salary of $36,570 per year in Arizona. Individuals that are working through mental health issues or those struggling with addiction can work with social workers to find alternative paths to healing. Through counseling services, referrals to outpatient services, and coaching, social workers in this field can assist their clients with finding positive paths to happy and health lifestyles.
- Social Workers, All Other: Median salary of $63,190 per year in Arizona. Social work professionals in the state of Arizona can pursue unique career opportunities at the MSW level. MSWs under supervision of LCSWs can provide therapeutic services in mental health and social service settings, as well as within private social work organizations. Social workers may also obtain careers in the judicial system, through child advocacy centers, and within the local government.
Social Worker Salaries in Arizona
- Phoenix: $55,720 median salary per year
- Prescott: $73,380 median salary per year
- Tucson: $67,800 median salary per year
- Douglas: $39,610 median salary per year
Arizona Social Work Licensure
The Arizona State Board of Behavioral Health Examiners is the agency responsible for reviewing and processing applications for social work licensure.
In the state of Arizona, graduates from MSW programs are not required to engage in any post-degree experience to qualify for licensing.
If you are interested in becoming a Licensed Masters Social Worker within this state, you can complete an accredited MSW program, pass the ASWB examination, and submit your application and documentation to the board for consideration.
Several Samples of Online MSW Program Tracks
- Online MSW – Clinical Social Work: Clinical Social Work degree programs can assist students with learning about the many diverse issues that can interfere with healthy functioning in children and adults. Using some cues from counseling, this specialization is a great way to implement your expertise in many different professional fields and expand your opportunities as a licensed social worker.
- Online MSW – Child and Family Social Work: Child and Family Social Work is a huge aspect of the social work field. In this specialization, you can learn about providing resources to families in need, identifying evidence of child abuse and the legal process of providing a safe haven for children and families in need. Through this program, you may also gain the skills necessary for working with individuals seeking improvements in order to reunify their families.
Recap of Arizona MSW Programs and Licensure
- Arizona MSW Programs: There are only two MSW programs in Arizona. Consider an Online MSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: Both MSW programs in Arizona are CSWE accredited. Review the list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Arizona State Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
List of MSW Programs in Arizona
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Arizona MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Arizona.