Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
If you are ready to become enrolled in a MSW program to help support your career, you should seek out MSW programs in the state of Nevada. Universities in this state offer 3 MSW programs for students to engage with.
The University of Nevada may be the top provider of MSW programs, with locations in both Las Vegas and Reno. These 2 cities are leading areas for upcoming social work professionals seeking a great quality education.
At the University of Nevada, students can find accredited programs that fit their needs. The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is an agency that you should familiarize yourself with, since it reviews and accredits MSW programs that can lead to licensure.
Each program provided by the University of Nevada currently holds CSWE accreditation, which may be part of the reason why it is the most popular choice for new social work learners.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Nevada
If convenience in education is what you seek, the University of Nevada at Reno may be your best bet. The Advanced Generalist MSW program at this school is currently offered in a completely online format.
The curriculum within this program may be driven by the need for well-rounded and experienced social work professionals in different sectors of social and public services.
If you know that you are interested in working in the field of social work but do not have a particular specialization in mind for your program, the Advanced Generalist specialization may be the right choice for you.
The Flexbility of Studying Online
The glamour of online MSW programs may revolve around their convenient capabilities of allowing students to complete coursework on their own time. Most students log in late at night or early in the morning, so that they do not have to interrupt their normal schedules during the week.
Consider if you have to do a "residency" or internship.
The University of Nevada Reno's online MSW program may require that students attend a single 2-day residency on campus that can help to intertwine what is learned in the online course room with actual practice in a real-world setting.
This program currently contains CSWE accreditation and can help you meet the licensing recommendations of the Nevada Board Of Examiners For Social Workers.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Nevada Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Work professionals in Nevada can be influential professionals for individuals in need of guidance in their personal lives. The rate of pay for professionals in this field can vary depending on the type of clients you work with in the field and the area in which you choose to work.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $49,100 median salary per year. The Child, Family, and School Social Worker may be part of a larger team working to provide children and families with resources for home and school success. Conducting assessments, referring to community health and mental health services, and client advocacy are some of the primary components of being a professional in this line of work.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $70,200 median salary per year. As a Healthcare Social Worker, you may be responsible for coordinating health services for your clients. In some cases, you may refer your clients out for needed mental health services when they are experiencing a difficulty with coping with serious health issues and the life changes that can result from them. Healthcare Social Workers can also help families establish safe environments for family members returning from hospitalization.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $59,070 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can provide their clients with access to career resources, support groups, and even housing resources during the normal course of their work day. Individual and group meetings may also be commonplace in the career field, along with personalized home visits.
- Social Workers, All Other: $79,030 median salary per year. If you are interested in pursuing additional paths in Social Work, you could consider pursuing a career as a client advocate in the court system or social work educator at the collegiate level. Some Social Workers also move forward into clinical positions after pursuing higher training and certification in their field.
Social Worker Salaries in Nevada
- Carson City: $53,160 median salary per year
- Las Vegas: $81,310 median salary per year
- Reno: $80,710 median salary per year
- Paradise: $81,310 median salary per year
Nevada Social Work Licensure
The licensing agency for upcoming Social Workers in Nevada is The Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers. This agency currently has 2 licensing options for you to consider along your path.
- The Licensed Social Worker (LSW) option requires that you hold at BSW or MSW from an accredited university, complete the ASWB board examination, and submit documentation such as your birth certificate, identification, and background check.
- The Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) option requires similar documentation requirements, but also includes a supervision requirement of 3,000 clinical hours under the direct supervision of a LISW.
There may be several different attributes of social work that can make it so attractive to new college students. Social work as a discipline may be focused on the needs of individuals and the greater population, which can draw in many different students with varying personal agendas.
Recap of Nevada MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 3 MSW programs in Nevada, one online.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All Nevada MSW programs are accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers.
List of MSW Programs in Nevada
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Nevada MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Nevada.