Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Wyoming MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
The state of Wyoming may be an ideal place to improve your understanding of social work as a whole and engage in course work that can help you better comprehend more about the field that you love. This state currently offers 1 MSW program to students throughout the state, which can be helpful in gaining higher credentials and better career opportunities along the way.
At the University of Wyoming, students can enroll in MSW programs to help solidify their expertise in social work. This university has a MSW program that is accredited by the CSWE, the leading accreditation agency for social work degrees. This university is located in the central hub for social work degree programs, Laramie, Wyoming. If you would like to learn more about how you can pursue licensure at the masters level in the state of Wyoming, you should take the time to review the licensing standards of the Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Searching for different methods of increasing your quality of life can often lead you to higher-tier degree programs. If you are currently working in the field of social services at the bachelors level, a higher degree in social work could potentially move you into more advanced positions in your current field.
Online MSW Programs in Wyoming
Choosing to pursue your degree online can be a pivotal decision that changes your collegiate experience for the better. More students may be making the decision to pursue their degree online, since it can be a good way to engage in a degree program without having to miss out on important things in their professional and personal lives. If you live in Wyoming, you should take a look at online MSW programs provided by the University of Wyoming. This college offers both full-time and advanced standing options for students that qualify.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Wyoming Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Workers in Wyoming can choose from a wide range of career options once licensed. Child and Family Social Workers and Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers are a few of the most popular options that you can read about in the list below.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $48,720 median salary per year. Child, Family, and School Social Workers can participate in child and family team meetings, individual education plans, and even court hearings. The goal of Social Workers in this field is to ensure their clients receive fair mental health, educational, and family support services.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $56,170 median salary per year. Social Workers in the Healthcare field can provide their clients with support as they cope with newly diagnosed health issues. They may advocate for additional services, assisting with the financial element of receiving healthcare, and work with families as they learn about their loved one's illness and treatment process.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $48,420 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can work to develop rehabilitation and treatment programs for their clients that include therapeutic, vocational, and environmental steps. Follow-up services in the home and in the community can also be part of your role in this field.
- Social Workers, All Other: $50,970 median salary per year. Additional positions in Social Work can be found throughout the state of Wyoming. With more training and certification, you can work in clinical areas of Social Work, providing therapy and trauma-focused services to your clients.
Social Worker Salaries in Wyoming
- Casper: $48,720 median salary per year
- Cheyenne: $46,410 median salary per year
- Denver: $58,640 median salary per year
Wyoming Social Work Licensure
The Wyoming Mental Health Professionals Licensing Board current has 2 licensing options for MSW graduates in Wyoming.
The Certified Social Worker (CSW) licensing option requires that candidates hold an accredited MSW degree and have passing scores from the ASWB's examination for master's learners. The clinical option in this state is the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), which requires applicants to complete an additional 3,000 hours of supervised experience under direct supervision of a LCSW.
The online MSW provided to Wyoming residents may require that students attend 5 weekend sessions on campus. This is an attempt to help students recognize social work practice in a real-world settings, which can be an excellent tool for success when working in the field. This program may also be open to residents all over the state of Wyoming. If you might be intrigued by engaging in an Advanced Generalist specialization for your degree, the University of Wyoming may be a great place to settle into your program.
Recap of Wyoming MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 2 MSW programs in Wyoming, including one online MSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: Both Wyoming MSW programs are accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The Wyoming Mental Health Professionals Licensing Board.
List of MSW Programs in Wyoming
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Wyoming MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Wyoming.