Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Wisconsin MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
With MSW programs, students may learn communication skills that can help sharpen their ability to connect with clients. Other interesting components of these programs may include a deep look into the policies that drive social services agencies, as well as attention to one's own local area.
In states like Wisconsin, students may also have the opportunity to learn more about the norms and customs relevant to their residential area, so that they can relate to people from all walks of life. If this field sounds intriguing to you, you should consider enrollment into MSW programs in Wisconsin.
There are 4 MSW programs in Wisconsin that you can consider if you are looking for on-campus advanced practice in social work programs.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Wisconsin
Online MSW can contribute to positive change in the world of social work education. Since their implementation, more and more people may be finding them to be the right choice for a wide variety of lifestyles. Online MSW programs can also consist of the same quality elements as traditional programs, which can help bring relief to students concerned about quality and licensure during the process.
This convenient option can allow for students with diverse lifestyles to engage in dense and helpful curricula that can change their view on society as a whole. Whether or not you choose to enroll in online MSW programs may be totally dependent on your personal needs. Students that have the ability to learn independently and use their time wisely might be great candidates for online learning, since it can promote self-discipline during the learning process.
Online MSW programs can also come in all shapes and sizes, with some even containing CSWE accreditation that can lead to licensure. In the midst of an online MSW program, students may log in through a helpful online course room, engage with other students about course topics and assignments, and even communicate with their instructors via a discussion tool. Accredited online programs can even prepare students for supervised internship requirements, testing, and licensure in the future.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Wisconsin Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Work professionals can work in homes, schools, and within mental health agencies throughout the state of Wisconsin. Your goals within each setting may be focused on individual or family wellness and can lead to positive goals for those that you serve.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $44,450 median salary per year. If you work in Child, Family, and School Social Work, you could work within the school system or for various state and local agencies. Team meetings, home visits, and even consults with providers can be part of your regular duties as a professional in Social Work.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $52,410 median salary per year. If you work as a Social Worker in Healthcare, you may attend treatment meetings, appointments, and follow-up services for your clients. For some patients, you may set appointments and find needed supportive services for your clients as they transition from the Healthcare setting to the home environment.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $44,880 median salary per year. Social Workers in these fields can help their clients coordinate life changes needed to heal from mental illness and addiction. Clients can also rely on Social Workers when they have concerns about their current treatment and need advocacy for changing services.
- Social Workers, All Other: $53,840 median salary per year. In Wisconsin, Social Workers can also pursue clinical options with their MSW degree. Clinical Social Workers can provide counseling services to clients with varying mental health needs. Clinical Social Workers with additional training and licensing can work independently in this state.
Social Worker Salaries in Wisconsin
- Appleton: $64,140 median salary per year
- Eau Claire: $37,010 median salary per year
- Fond du Lac: $43,040 median salary per year
- Green Bay: $53,930 median salary per year
Wisconsin Social Work Licensure
The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Service provides training license options, generalist licensing options, and clinical licensing to interested candidates.
The most common MSW licensing in this state is the Certified Advanced Practice Social Worker (CAPSW). This option requires a CSWE-accredited MSW degree and passing test scores from the ASWB master's exam.
The Certified Independent Social Worker (CISW) licensing option can be pursued by individuals completing 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience under a CISW in their state.
More on Social Work Programs in Wisconsin
The University of Wisconsin currently provides 4 campuses around the state that offer CSWE-accredited degree programs. Each of these 4 programs can be great for students attempting to meet the licensing standards of the Wisconsin Board Of Social Workers, Marriage Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors. The 4 cities that may be most popular for MSW students are Milwaukee, Madison, Oshkosh, and Green Bay.
If you might be interested in becoming a part of these incredible degree programs, you should review the requirements for the University of Wisconsin before enrolling.
Recap of Wisconsin MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 4 MSW programs in Wisconsin.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All 4 Wisconsin MSW programs are accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Service.
List of MSW Programs in Wisconsin
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Wisconsin MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Wisconsin.