Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Washington MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
Located in the Northwestern tip of the U.S., the state of Washington may be an ideal place for adventurous and dedicated learners to pursue a degree. The field of social work can be an extraordinary place to settle into a degree program that focuses on helping others in their times of need.
If you are a resident of the state of Washington or nearby state, you should read more in this guide as we outline what kind of programs may be open for you to enroll in. All over the state of Washington, students can choose from 11 MSW programs when seeking reliable options for jump-starting their careers.
8 of these programs contain accreditation through the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), meaning they have the highest level of accreditation for social work degree programs. Seattle is the most popular city for MSW programs, closely followed by Tacoma. Students interested in finding MSW programs to enroll in can find them through universities such as Seattle University, the University of Washington, and Walla Walla University.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Washington
For those that may be more accustomed to convenience with education, Washington may also offer online MSW programs for you to consider. The online MSW is similar to the traditional MSW in that is provides CSWE-reviewed curricula that contains well-researched and updated materials for your use. The end result of these programs can often be licensure, which can take place after a supervised work experience in the field.
Many online MSW programs consist of concentration paths that may be helpful to students intrigued by working with diverse groups within society. Child, Youth, and Family Social Work may be one popular option for people that would like to work for social service agencies, while Mental Health Social Work and Healthcare Social work might be ideal for people interested in partnering their social work knowledge with various trade industries.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Washington Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Washington can be a great place to pursue a career in Social Work. Assisting families with wellness goals, life planning with individuals attempting to change their lives for the better, and client advocacy are just a few of the many job responsibilities you can participate in within this field.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $52,260 median salary per year. Social Workers in the child welfare system and in schools can be leading sources of support to children in need. Assisting with family health and wellness, visiting children at home and while at school, and attending court hearings may be part of your daily responsibilities in this area.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $59,920 median salary per year. Social Workers in Healthcare can provide clients with support as they learn about new diagnoses and their longterm treatment options. In some cases, Healthcare Social Workers may also work with clients in the months following their diagnoses to ensure that they receive adequate follow-up care and treatment during their recovery.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $52,270 median salary per year. Social Workers in this field can assist clients with finding Mental Health, addictions, or vocational services to support their overall Mental Health. Some Social Workers in this field can even work for rehabilitation agencies responsible for helping individuals find recovery from drugs or alcohol.
- Social Workers, All Other: $77,440 median salary per year. If you are seeking Social Work positions outside of the normal options, your state may offer specialized positions for disabled individuals, those involved in the legal system, and even in long-term care facilities for the elderly.
Social Worker Salaries in Washington
- Bellingham: $55,490 median salary per year
- Richland: $49,730 median salary per year
- Mount Vernon: $52,250 median salary per year
- Olympia: $57,660 median salary per year
Washington Social Work Licensure
The Washington State Department of Health reviews and approves licensing applications for social workers in this state. Washington only currently licenses 2 types of social work professionals, both of which require periods of clinical experience. The Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW) option requires 3,200 hour of supervised experience and the ASWB advanced generalist examination. Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) applicants are required to obtain 4,000 hours of clinical experience in addition to testing.
MSW Curriculum and Degree Type Options in Washington
The curriculum for these programs may include both relevant course work in social work, as well as a supervised internship requirement. Each of the components included can be vital to a student’s comprehension of what all goes into being a helpful social team member.
Online MSW programs can also be available in different formats in order to assist students with varying personal schedules. Part-time, full-time, and advanced standing MSW programs may be open for enrollment for those interested. No matter what your intentions are, the people you plan to influence, or the type of work experience you have in the field, there can be online MSW programs in Washington to fit your needs.
Recap of Washington MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 10 MSW programs in Washington.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: There are 8 Washington MSW programs accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The Washington State Department of Health.
List of MSW Programs in Washington
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Washington MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Washington.