Vermont MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
Residents of Vermont interested in pursuing their Masters in Social Work should consider looking within their very own state for the right program. The most well-known social work program in the state may be found at the University of Vermont. Located in Burlington, Vermont, this program can be a great gateway for new entrants to the field of social work, as well as BSW holders looking for lifestyle advancement.
One important aspect of this program to consider may be its CSWE accreditation. It is this seal of approval that can help determine whether or not you can become licensed in the field of social work after completing this degree.
Social Work Agencies and Accreditation in Vermont
In order to be a licensed social worker, you must first complete a few steps through the Vermont Office of the Secretary Of State. This agency states that upcoming students interested in social work licensure must first complete an accredited degree program, take part in a supervised internship experience, and successfully pass an examination in social work. Once you have met all of these standards, you may be eligible for masters-level licensure in social work. If you would like to learn more about convenient degree options for you to pursue, read more below.
Vermont Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Healthcare, Family Welfare, and Mental Health are some of the most popular areas for Social Workers in Vermont. The amount of money you make and the population you serve can vary depending on which type of career you plan to pursue after completing your MSW and licensing.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $49,720 median salary per year. Family and School Social Workers can focus on specific treatment areas like family unity or education depending on where they are employed. Coordinating family and team meetings, organizing services, and working with school systems for optimum service provisions can be main priorities in these work areas.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $56,220 median salary per year. The Healthcare Social Worker can be a guide for individuals diagnosed with various health-related illnesses and disorders. These professionals can help patients understand their diagnosis and treatment options, as well as help clients identify follow-up services for longterm success.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $38,350 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can provide clients with emotional and vocational guidance as they progress to treatment programs. Regular meetings, home visits, and family involvement can help Social Workers create successful programs for their clients.
- Social Workers, All Other: $69,390 median salary per year. In addition to the Social Work positions listed above, graduates of MSW programs can pursue alternative Social Work positions in clinical fields, as well as those in non-profit and legal settings.
Social Worker Salaries in Vermont
- Burlington: $49,630 median salary per year
- South Burlington: $49,630 median salary per year
- Glens Falls: $47,050 median salary per year
Vermont Social Work Licensure
The Vermont Office of Professional Regulation allows master's degree holders within the state to apply for Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) licensing after completion of an accredited degree program.
In addition to educational transcripts and records, applicants must also submit test scores from the ASWB examination for master's learners. If you are interested in pursuing clinical licensing, you must earn supervised experience under a LICSW and complete the ASWB clinical examination prior to licensing.
Online MSW Programs in Vermont
Over the years, the interest in high education may have grown due more and more people earning their bachelors degree. Professionals in the state of Vermont may find that moving forward into masters programs can be a great way to stand apart from the crowd and exhibit higher abilities within their field. There may be no better way to find better paying positions and becoming eligible for positions in social work than online MSW programs. If you live in the state of Vermont and are seeking paths for a more successful future, you should check out available online MSW programs in your area.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
A few factors to consider when choosing a program may be the cost, the length of time it can take you to complete the program, and any available specialization options. Specializations for online MSW programs can include those that focus on providing assistance to individuals of any age groups, specific professional fields, or even community or organizational management. Depending on what interests you and what type of work experience you have, any of these could be beneficial for you to choose from.