Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
South Dakota MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
The University of South Dakota provides a CSWE-accredited MSW program for those eligible for enrollment. The accreditation of this university can be a helpful tool for students considering future licensure within their field.
If you want to learn more about what might be required of you during the collegiate and licensure phases, you should review the expectations of the South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners. This is the agency that you may be in contact with when applying for and being approved for licensure.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Why Consider a Social Work Degree?
There are groups of people all throughout the United States that may be in need of help from social work professionals. These professionals can serve individuals with varying issues and challenges, making them an important attribute to any supportive state system.
In South Dakota, professionals can train to become effective and helpful professionals through MSW degree programs. If you have already earned your Bachelors in Social Work or even a bachelors-level degree in another discipline, you could be eligible for enrollment in MSW programs in your state.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
South Dakota Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
South Dakota can be an incredible place to pursue a career in Social Work. Popular career areas include those working with children and families, as well as those involved in the long-term care and treatment of people with medical or mental health issues.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $38,550 median salary per year. Social Workers within this specialized area may be assigned a caseload of clients in need of service coordination, advocacy, and assessment. Your role in these positions can include consults with clients on needs and participating in meetings regarding client services.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $40,050 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers can work in hospitals, medical specialty clinics, and even for private organizations. Social Workers in this area can partner with clients in need of support during in-depth and complex medical procedures or those receiving long-term care for various illnesses.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $39,910 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can participate in treatment team meetings, set environmental goals for clients, and assist clients with obtaining housing, membership in support groups, and even vocational resources.
- Social Workers, All Other: $73,450 median salary per year. Social Work professionals can be found in nearly all settings that provide services to the public. Clinical practice, the legal system, and most human service fields call on Social Workers to assist with the client base.
Social Worker Salaries in South Dakota
- Rapid City: $38,630 median salary per year
- Sioux Falls: $39,100 median salary per year
- Lincoln: $57,140 median salary per year
- Omaha: $64,120 median salary per year
South Dakota Social Work Licensure
The South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners requires that social work professionals hold licensure prior to providing services to the public.
With the MSW, applicants can pursue the Certified Social Worker (CSW) licensing option through application through the board and completion of the ASWB board examination. Clinical licensing options can also be pursued by individuals that have completed the required 2-3 year clinical supervision component.
Online MSW Programs in South Dakota
In today’s times, people seem to be driven by their desire for convenience. Technology has played a large part in making the American lifestyle more and more convenient each year. This may have made technology’s spill-over into the field of education a little less surprising. Students that are ready and willing to control their course scheduling and attendance can become a part of online MSW programs through the state of South Dakota. These flexible programs may be becoming some of the most popular options for upcoming college students.
From the outside looking in, online MSW programs may seem like a busy professional’s dream. These types of programs can allow students to exhibit more control over when they learn and how they learn. Some online MSW programs may even provide students with due dates up front so that they can plan their entire course from the very beginning. These programs may even come equipped with specialization options that can be great for those interested in influencing certain members of groups in society. Some common specializations for online MSW programs include Clinical Social Work, Family Social Work, and Healthcare Social Work.
Recap of South Dakota MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is one single MSW program in South Dakota that is accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The South Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners.
List of MSW Programs in South Dakota
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited South Dakota MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in South Dakota.