Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
South Carolina MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
There are some students that may find it advantageous to pursue degree programs offered by colleges within their own state. This can lower the strain on students that may have to attend campus 1 or 2 times throughout their program, as well as add a sense of loyalty to students interested in supporting their own local educational institutions.
Social Work prospects in the state of South Carolina can choose to indulge in MSW programs offered by universities within their area. South Carolina currently offers 2 MSW programs to learners throughout the state. Winthrop University is a leading provider of MSW degrees in South Carolina. This university, located in Rock Hill, has CSWE accreditation to accompany their convenient program.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in South Carolina
One of the most attractive features of MSW programs may be their online availability. Programs offered to students online can be excellent substitutes for traditional programs that can be trying on a person's scheduling or personal life.
Online MSW programs can appear identical to traditional MSW programs in their curriculum, delivery of information, and ease of access.
Residents of South Carolina may be seeking entrance into online MSW programs to both gain access to higher level positions in their current line of work as well as learn more about the intriguing field of social work. If you want to find online programs that can help you with obtaining your license after graduation, you should choose programs that contain CSWE-accreditation.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
South Carolina Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
South Carolina residents interested in becoming licensed in the field of social work can choose from a variety of specialty fields to practice in. Read more in this guide to learn more about popular career fields, high paying cities, and licensing options in your state.
- Child, Family, and School Social Work: $36,670 median salary per year. Child, Family, and School Social Workers can work with children and their families to establish healthy habits, relationships, and school involvement. This can include regular meetings, home visits, and even the coordination of healthcare services.
- Healthcare Social Work: $56,460 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers can partner with health agencies and providers to ensure that clients receive all medical and environmental support required by their treatment program. Social Workers in this area may also work with client families on coping with newly found medical diagnoses.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work: $34,700 median salary per year. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Social Workers can be incredibly important partners for individuals with serious mental health diagnoses and those fighting addiction. Support with finding employment, therapy, and community resources is part of the role of Social Workers in this area.
- Social Work, All Other: $43,280 median salary per year. Alternative Social Work positions in South Carolina include those focused on providing guidance to individuals in correctional facilities and on parole, those involved in the court system, and people needing clinical intervention from Licensed Clinical Social Workers.
Social Worker Salaries in South Carolina
- Charleston: $45,560 median salary per year
- Columbia: $43,990 median salary per year
- Florence: $29,960 median salary per year
- Greenville: $42,310 median salary per year
South Carolina Social Work Licensure
The South Carolina Board of Social Work Examiners allows MSW holders to apply for licensing as Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSWs).
This is not a clinical licensing option, so it only requires a CSWE-accredited degree and completion of the ASWB licensing examination. The clinical licensing option in this state is the Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) option, which requires around 2 years of clinical experience under the supervision of a LISW.
Advanced Standing MSW Programs in South Carolina
If you have a Bachelor of Social Work, you can find yourself eligible for full-time or advanced standing programs. Your bachelors experience can help determine whether or not you qualify for the advanced standing program, since this type of degree path was designed for current social worker licensed at the BSW level.
Many different MSW programs may provide specialized paths such as Individual and Family Practice, Clinical Social Work, or even Community Social Work for those people with a yearning to affect certain populations or fields.
South Carolina’s Board of Social Work Examiners
The agency responsible for overseeing new and current licensees in social work in South Carolina is the Board of Social Work Examiners. Connecting with this organization early on in your educational career can help you to ensure that you are meeting all of the requirements for future licensure in social work.
If you have the need to help others and the desire to hold yourself to a higher educational standard, online MSW programs could be the right answer for you.
Recap of South Carolina MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is just one MSW program in South Carolina and it is accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The South Carolina Board of Social Work Examiners.
List of MSW Programs in South Carolina
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited South Carolina MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in South Carolina.