Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Oklahoma MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
Oklahoma can be a traditional and family-oriented state to call home. People living in this state may have the desire to help others like themselves find peace and wellness within their lives. If you are the type of person that is interested in improving the quality of life for others, social work can be a great field to consider for a long-term career. MSW programs can be a great step towards achieving your goal.
There is currently 1 on-campus MSW program in the state of Oklahoma that contains the right type of accreditation for future licensure. This program is located at the University of Oklahoma, which is open to residents all over the state.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Finding a MSW Program
If you are in the process of seeking a reliable MSW program, you might be pleased to learn that there are popular cities for these programs in Oklahoma. Norman may be the leading city for programs in this field, since the most prominent programs is located in its center.
Students considering a move into the field of social work through the MSW program should verify that their program can eventually lead to licensure. The board responsible for accepting applications and issuing licenses in social work is the Oklahoma Board Of Licensed Social Workers. Contact with this agency can help you to remain confident about your ability to become licensed after completing your program.
Online MSW Programs in Oklahoma
People in today's society may often be on the hunt for ways to make their lives more convenient. The use of technology in the workplace and the field of education can allow for more flexible options for busy professionals interested in seeking higher educational degrees - especially in the field of social work.
Most people may be aware the the career of the social worker may consist of unexpected schedules and long work hours, making online MSW nearly a must-have for those enrolled.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Why Consider an Online MSW?
The online MSW resembles its traditional counterpart in that is contains the same accredited coursework. Students taking their courses online must follow the same path of learning and comprehension regardless of their learning environment, practice self-discipline, and meet pre-determined deadlines.
Popular concentration options for online MSW programs in Oklahoma may include Aging Social Work, Advanced Generalist Social Work, and Clinical Social Work. If you have an interest in working with certain people in society, or are more knowledgeable about different groups, you should discover programs that contain concentration options relevant to you.
Oklahoma Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social workers in Oklahoma can find careers working in influential areas like child welfare, healthcare, and mental health. Take a look at some of the roles and responsibilities of common social workers in this state.
- Child, Family, and School Social Work: $35,120 median salary per year. Part of your role as a Child, Family, and School Social Worker can include assessing for health and mental health related needs, setting appointments, and transporting children to needed appointments. In both the home and school environment, Social Workers may also conduct regular visits to check in on progress on treatment goals.
- Healthcare Social Work: $46,330 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers can help to establish supportive environments for their clients, assist clients with communication with providers, and work with families that are coping with serious or debilitating health-related illnesses.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work: $33,060 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can provide their clients with knowledgeable support in locating support people in their personal lives and locating therapeutic services for continued care.
- Social Work, All Other: $63,270 median salary per year. Social Workers in Oklahoma can also find career options through the court system, which are referred to as appointed Social Workers. Your role in this type of position would be to analyze a case and the program efficiency based specifically on the best interests of your client.
Social Worker Salaries in Oklahoma
- Enid: $36,590 median salary per year
- Lawton: $33,810 median salary per year
- Oklahoma City: $62,590 median salary per year
- Tulsa: $36,820 median salary per year
Oklahoma Social Work Licensure
The Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers provides master's degree earners with the option of becoming Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSWs) through the state.
In order to be considered for licensure, applicants must hold a degree from a CSWE-accredited university program and have passing scores on the ASWB master's examination. Clinical licensing options in this state require 3,000 hours of clinical supervision.
Recap of Oklahoma MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is just one MSW program in Oklahoma, and it is accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers.
List of MSW Programs in Oklahoma
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Oklahoma MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Oklahoma.