Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
With nearly a dozen different CSWE accredited MSW programs in Ohio, there are a number of options to learn face-to-face on a campus. For those with a BSW from a CSWE-accredited program, there are numerous Advanced Standing MSW programs online and at campuses across Ohio - these can drastically shorten the length of the program.
You might consider an Online MSW program - there are multiple universities in Ohio that have online MSW programs that are CSWE accredited.
One of the most preferred methods for achieving this professional goal of working with society is through online MSW programs in the state of Ohio. There are multiple CSWE-accredited online MSW programs in Ohio, which are open to residents regardless of their home city (check with the admissions representative for details). There are a number of different on-campus MSW programs, as well as hybrid MSW programs at Ohio universities.
With its campus located in Cleveland, Ohio, Case Western Reserve University is one of the most popular universities for social work professionals. The online MSW or MSSA program available at this school can help students engage in independent learning that can further their skills in working with people in need.
At Case Western Reserve University's CSWE-accredited Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences—ranked No. 9 in 2019 for social work by U.S. News & World Report—students can earn their Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) online. The degree is equivalent to an MSW, and can be completed in two and a half years. GRE scores are not required to apply.
Click for admissions information.
If you are the type of person that can manage your schedule and learn on your own, online MSW programs may be the best option for you. Online MSW programs in the state of Ohio can set you on track for a profitable career in case work or leadership in social service agencies.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Note on Licensure
Depending on the state you live in, the process to becoming licensed as a social worker may vary. While knowing what your state requires for licensure is important, it is also important to stay up to date with any changes that may take place throughout your journey.
Before you take the plunge into a degree program, you should check with your state's licensing agency to ensure that your chosen school meets all of the requirements. Residents of Ohio should be familiar with the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board in order to maintain fresh on social work licensing requirements.
Online MSW Programs in Ohio
Choosing to pursue your degree online can mean more than just a convenient method for achieving your degree. Online degree programs can help students exercise their own abilities as independent learners and assist in providing a great quality of education to busy adults.
In the state of Ohio, students can engage in accredited online MSW programs in order to advance their career and make a difference in the lives of those around them.
Residents of the Buckeye State may recognize the need for qualified and well-educated social workers within their state. In Ohio, social workers can assist with finding housing resource for those that are homeless, helping families find monetary and health care support and even step in to ensure the safety of children in welfare-related situations.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Ohio Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
With a MSW degree, you can pursue a career in some intriguing and influential fields. As you can see in the list below, fields like child and family social work, substance abuse social work, and clinical social work are some of the most chosen careers paths in your state.
- Child, Family, and School Social Work: $42,720 median salary per year. Social Workers that work primarily with children and families may assist with developing plans for healthy family relationships, educational success, and positive mental health. Most professionals in this area work for social service agencies or within school systems.
- Healthcare Social Work: $53,530 median salary per year. In Healthcare, Social Workers can assess patient need, develop relevant health-related goals, and help clients obtain needed services. Follow-up services throughout the treatment process are also often provided by Healthcare Social Workers.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work: $40,240 median salary per year. If you choose to pursue a career in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work, you can work directly with clients that have been diagnosed with common mental illnesses and receiving therapy. Substance Abuse Social Workers may also be assigned to individuals that are working through a rehabilitation program for drug, alcohol, or other addictions.
- Social Work, All Other: $49,260 median salary per year. Alternative Social Work opportunities can be found in various cities in Ohio. Clinical Social Workers are some of the most popular Social Workers in this area since they can provide one-on-one therapy to a caseload of clients.
Social Worker Salaries in Ohio
- Akron: $42,710 median salary per year
- Canton: $45,920 median salary per year
- Cincinnati: $47,430 median salary per year
- Cleveland: $49,220 median salary per year
Ohio Social Work Licensure
The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board offers different licensing options depending on your education and experience.
The Licensed Social Worker (LSW) option is available for BSW and MSW earners that have completed their licensing examination.
Licensed Independent Social Workers (LISWs) must additionally complete 3,000 hours of clinical supervised experience and the clinical examination prior to be awarded licensure.
Take a look at the most popular online MSW program at Case Western Reserve University below.
- Case Western Reserve University: The CSWE-accredited online MSW program at Case Western Reserve University offers students full-time, part-time and advanced standing programs for upcoming students. Those that have experience in the field of social work can choose the advanced standing option to achieve their degree in a faster time frame. Specializations offered at this university may include: Community Practice and Social Change and Direct Practice.
Recap of Ohio MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 12 MSW programs in Ohio, with one online MSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: There are 11 Ohio MSW programs accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
List of MSW Programs in Ohio
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Ohio MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Ohio.