Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
North Dakota MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
Students in North Dakota seeking higher educational realms in social work may be pleased to learn that their state has delivered what they need to succeed. In this area of the U.S., there is 1 MSW program available containing the necessary accreditation for state licensure in social work.
The University of North Dakota can allow students to take part in course work that can help them identify needs within their community and implement programs and plans to assist with well-being improvement. One of the most popular areas for students interested in MSW programs is North Forks, which is the primary location for MSW program involvement.
For those that are looking for an Online MSW program, there are multiple available.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
The licensing process for social work professionals at the masters level may begin with research into state requirements. The agency that leads the licensing in this field is the North Dakota Board Of Social Work Examiners. If you were to research the recommendations of this agency, you might find that one of the main requirements for licensure is a MSW degree that has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Accredited degree programs can consist of relevant elements of social work that have been approved for use in the training of social work professionals.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
North Dakota Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
If you are curious about what your MSW degree and licensing can do for you, look through these common careers listed below. Each offers a unique service to clients that can help improve lives and ensure safety for those being served.
- Child, Family, and School Social Work: $53,710 median salary per year. Social Workers in this area may work weekly with their clients, represent clients during meetings, or even work as part of an emergency response team in times of crisis. Social Workers may be responsible for ensuring the safety of their clients and connecting them with therapy, housing resources, or supportive educational programs.
- Healthcare Social Work: $51,490 median salary per year. The main role of the Healthcare Social Worker is assessing the needs of clients. This can include meetings with clients, families, and doctors during a normal work day. Locating services, setting appointments, and regular follow-ups may also be part of the care process.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work: $51,670 median salary per year. Social Workers in Mental Health and Substance Abuse may work with clients that are currently under the care of therapists or rehabilitation facilities. They may help clients arrange therapy, housing, employment, or even education to help support success within their treatment programs.
- Social Work, All Other: $63,080 median salary per year. In North Dakota, you can pursue clinical positions in the field of Social Work for your career. In this position, you can work independently with clients that are in need of therapeutic services using common counseling techniques and assessments.
Social Worker Salaries in North Dakota
- Bismarck: $57,830 median salary per year
- Fargo: $62,780 median salary per year
- Grand Forks: $59,790 median salary per year
North Dakota Social Work Licensure
The North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners can be your leading resource for licensing within this state.
The Licensed Social Worker (LSW) option is the only licensing option in N.D. that does not require clinical experience. Students holding a BSW or MSW may apply for this type of licensing.
The ASWB bachelor's examination is another requirement at this level. Those considering clinical licensing must also complete around 2 year of supervised experience.
Online MSW Programs in North Dakota
North Dakota can be a great place to train in the field of social work. The state has recognized the need for flexibility with college education and allowed for online degree programs in social work to become available for upcoming students. There is 1 online MSW program available in this state that can be utilized by residents in cities throughout the state. This program may take 1-3 years to complete depending on your enrollment status and contains all of the necessary accreditation for licensure. If you were to enroll in this program, you may be responsible for taking part in a supervised work experience requirement during your program.
Online MSW programs may consist of some of the same elements that you might find in traditional degree programs. Students might be more attracted to online programs since they do not have the same rigid structure as traditional programs and students can often log in at times that work better for their personal schedules. Online MSW programs can also contain specializations that can be helpful in guiding a student’s learning towards the groups in society that mean the most to them.
Recap of North Dakota MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is just 1 MSW program in North Dakota and it is accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The North Dakota Board of Social Work Examiners.
List of MSW Programs in North Dakota
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited North Dakota MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in North Dakota.