Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Universities in Iowa combine to provide 4 MSW programs for students to pursue. Several universities offer on-campus or satellite campus MSW programs.
There is also at least two online CSWE accredited MSW programs in Iowa at the University of Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls) and the University of Iowa in Iowa City.
People in Iowa may find that there can be many positive attributes associated with working in social work positions. This field can be vital to the success of members is society and help to improve the quality of living for residents from cities within.
While your choice of university can be difficult on its own, it may also be important to review what the state of Iowa requires in order to become licensed as a social work professional. The Iowa Board of Social Work is responsible for evaluating applicants for licensure and grants licenses to qualified applicants.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Iowa
Online MSW programs in Iowa can be a great way for students to advance their career from their very own home. These programs can be help students with varying career goals and be helpful to a state that may be in need of experienced social work professionals.
Iowa can be a state for students to take advantage of online MSW programs that can help them move into this career field.
The University of Iowa and the University of Northern Iowa are 2 universities that offer CSWE-accredited online programs to students seeking career success.
Through each of these programs, students can enroll in either the part-time program - geared for busy adult learners - or the advanced standing program - for BSW graduates.
Each of these options can have advantages suitable for the people they were created for, as well as for upcoming students new to the social work field. Concentration options at these universities can include Integrated Macro Practice and Trauma-Informed Care.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Iowa Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Workers in Iowa can be influential supporters to children, families, and individual adults within their communities. Diverse positions focused on emotional and physical health may be popular options for you to pursue, or even those within specialized fields such as education or addictions.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $39,250 median salary per year. Your role within these positions can include conducting regular home visits, following-up on mental health or education services, and advocating for the rights of your clients in the educational and justice systems.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $51,830 median salary per year. Patients that are newly diagnosed with serious illnesses or those that are unable to cope with their diagnoses may require regular assistance from Healthcare Social Workers. Home visits, service provisions, and family support training are just a few of the many responsibilities of professionals working in this specialized area.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $44,890 median salary per year. Social Workers in mental health and substance abuse may meet with their clients 1-2 times per month, check-in on services and progress, and potentially refer clients out for additional services when needed. Most Social Workers follow an accumulative treatment plan to make decisions and gauge progress along the way.
- Social Workers, All Other: $66,810 median salary per year. Social Worker can find careers working with individuals in a wide variety of settings. Education, mental health, healthcare, family services, and elder care are just a few of the most popular settings. Social Workers can also be found in private practice, within counseling organizations, and even in non-profit agencies serving individuals and families.
Social Worker Salaries in Iowa
- Cedar Rapids: $44,220 median salary per year
- Des Moines: $71,990 median salary per year
- Moline: $46,660 median salary per year
- Rock Island: $46,660 median salary per year
Iowa Social Work Licensure
The Iowa Board of Social Work requires that Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) applicants to providing evidence of an accredited MSW program and successful passing of the board examination for Social Work professionals.
The Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) option is for clinical-level professionals that have completed 4,000 supervision hours and passed the board examination offered by the ASWB.
More on Social Work Programs in Iowa
The Iowa Board of Social Work Examiners sets the standard for upcoming social workers and their degree and experience requirements. Colleges in Iowa that may currently accept students into reliable MSW programs may include the University of Northern Iowa, the University of Iowa, Saint Ambrose University, and Clarke University.
These universities are located in busy college-focused areas such as Iowa City, Cedar Falls, and Davenport. Residents of these areas and beyond can be invited to take part in educational programs focusing on some of the most vital aspects of social work, such as Child and Family Social Work and Trauma-Informed Care.
Recap of Iowa MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 6 MSW programs in Iowa, with at least two online MSW program options.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All MSW programs in Iowa are CSWE accredited, including the online MSW programs. You may consider reading our review of CSWE Accredited MSW programs that are entirely online.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Iowa Board of Social Work.
List of MSW Programs in Iowa
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Iowa MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Iowa.