Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Indiana MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
There are just over a handful of CSWE accredited MSW programs in Indiana, with multiple specialization options and some Advanced Standing MSW program options as well.
There are even online MSW programs in Indiana that have campuses within the state, not to mention multiple nearby universities with an Online MSW program that accept Indiana students.
Indiana has long been a great place for upcoming students to find educational programs, since it may contain some of the most well-known universities in the country. Of these well-known universities, Indiana University may be among the top ranked for social work professionals.
Online MSW Programs in Indiana
The hype over online MSW programs in Indiana may be partially due to the need for convenience in higher education. Adult learners especially may need alternative options to higher education, since they are more likely to be deep into full-time careers that can take up most of their free time.
Online MSW programs can allow students to engage in coursework on their own time, while providing constant instructor support along the way. These types of degree programs can be great for students that require flexible attendance standards and online access to course content and instructor communication.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Social Work Programs in Indiana
Indiana University - East, located in Richmond, Indiana, and Indiana University - Purdue University, located in Indianapolis, Indiana, currently provide students with 3 MSW options that can help shape their future careers.
Both universities currently hold CSWE-accredited status - meaning their degree programs have been reviewed and accepted according to reliability standards. If you plan to become licensed in social work, accreditation may be a must-have during the application process.
In terms of what else may be required, residents of Indiana may seek out additional information through the Indiana Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Mental Health Counselor Board prior to choosing a program for their educational experience.
Indiana University's Online MSW
If you currently reside in the state of Indiana and are seeking online MSW programs to engage in, you may be in luck. In the state of Indiana, online MSW programs can most commonly be found at Indiana University.
This first-class university can provide students with an advanced standing program that was designed for students that have completed their BSW and have some work experience in the field. Students interested in this program may also have the option to enroll at multiple points throughout the year, which can be a great option for students motivated for quick success.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Indiana Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
The MSW in Indiana can lead you into in-demand fields such Child and Family Social Work or Mental Health Social Work. Some of the highest paying positions for Social Work professionals are within alternative fields such as counseling and client advocacy.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $37,460 median salary per year. Within this field, Social Workers can assist clients that are struggling with family relationships, education, or even children and adolescents affected by drug abuse. Ensuring safety, organizing therapy, and working towards family reunification are just a few of the many goals of workers in this field.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $49,300 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers can be helpful partners for individuals receiving care for long-term or serious illness. Patients with trouble coping with serious illness may require assistance with obtaining therapeutic services, environmental supports, or involving family in their care. In some cases, Social Workers may conduct regular home visits to follow-up with their client and services.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $38,270 median salary per year. Often found in mental health clinics or rehabilitation facilities, Social Workers in these fields can provide firsthand support to clients in these settings. Some of the responsibilities of professionals in this field may include referring clients for support services, advocating for clients in the court system, and assisting clients with obtaining therapeutic services.
- Social Workers, All Other: $69,370 median salary per year. Alternative Social Worker careers in Indiana can include providing counseling services to clients within the community. In order to qualify for this type of career, you must hold at minimum a MSW and work directly under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. This type of Social Work career is one of the most popular within the state of Indiana.
Social Worker Salaries in Indiana
- Bloomington: $50,000 median salary per year
- Columbus: $37,040 median salary per year
- Elkhart: $38,900 median salary per year
- Evansville: $37,940 median salary per year
Indiana Social Work Licensure
The Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board offers you the option of the Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for your licensing option.
The LSW distinction requires an accredited MSW and completion of the ASWB Masters examination. In order to qualify for licensing as a LCSW, you must also engage in 3,000 supervised hours under the supervision of a licensed LCSW.
Recap of Indiana MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 6 MSW programs within Indiana, with at least one online MSW option.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All MSW programs in Indiana in our database are CSWE accredited, including Indiana University's Online MSW. If you are weighing options you might read our review of 40+ Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: The Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board administers Indiana social work licensure.
List of MSW Programs in Indiana
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Indiana MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Indiana.