Hawaii MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Careers
If you are one of the many residents of Hawaii that might be interested in taking advantage of the educational opportunities within your state, you can seek out MSW programs at The University of Hawaii at Manoa, and Hawaii Pacific University.
These colleges offer students campus options in Honolulu and potentially online options from their very own home. Each MSW program offered by these colleges can help you meet the requirements of the DCCA-PVL - the state licensing agency for social work professionals in Hawaii.
If a career in social work is the right choice for you, you should consider 1 of the 3 MSW options throughout the state that are currently accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
CSWE accredited MSW degree programs have received the right type of review and approval for state licensure and are subject to regular re-evaluations over time.
Online MSW Programs in Hawaii
The benefits of online education can be helpful for students that are interested in obtaining a college degree without a lot of extra hassle. Hawaii consists of 1 online CSWE-accredited MSW program that could be great for people just like you.
The University of Hawaii at Manoa is the sole provider of reliable online MSW programs throughout the state. If you are interested in pursuing your degree in this fashion and are a resident of this state, our team encourages you to further explore what this university has to offer.
Hawaii Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $60,250 median salary per year. Social Workers within this specialized area provide direct assistance to families involved in the welfare system, as well as advocate for the needs of children in the court and school systems.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $77,270 median salary per year. Working in hospitals, clinics, or private social work agencies, professionals in this area can provide resources and support to individuals that are struggling with health-related diagnoses and symptoms.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $63,700 median salary per year. Mental Health Social Workers can be supportive partners for individuals receiving treatment for mental health diagnoses or addiction. Arranging therapy, services, or post-care partnerships may be part of your role in this field.
- Social Workers, All Other: $90,540 median salary per year. Unique Social Work experience in private practice, leadership, or specialized advocacy services could be available through your state. Each position can allow you to evaluate your clients' needs to find meaningful services for their growth.
Social Worker Salaries in Hawaii’s Metropolitan Areas
- Urban Honolulu: $90,540 median salary per year
2021 US Bureau of Labor Statistics salary and employment figures for Child, Family, and School Social Workers; Healthcare Social Workers; Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers; Social Workers, All other, reflect national data, not school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary. Data accessed March 2023.
Hawaii Social Work Licensure
Hawaii's Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Professional & Vocational Licensing Division is the leading resource for upcoming Social Workers in Hawaii.
This agency offers the Licensed Social Worker (LSW) options for MSW holders. In order to qualify for licensing at this level, you must submit proof of completion of an accredited MSW program along with your application. The final step towards licensing is successful completion of the ASWB certification examination.
Despite the small land mass size, Hawaii has 2 universities with MSW programs, both of which are CSWE accredited.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Most people may view the state of Hawaii as a vacation destination with beautiful beaches and resort-style accommodations. However, this state can also be considered a reliable and reputable place to receive an education in the field of social work.
University of Hawaii at Manoa Online MSW Program
The University of Hawaii at Manoa’s online and accredited MSW program may be a great option for all of Hawaii’s residents. This program delivers information via television, computer, and hybrid technology to help strengthen student understanding of the course material. Through online degree programs, students can review their course requirements, read virtual textbooks, and take part in class projects concerning social issues and programs. If you are a self-starter that is dedicated to the idea of advancing your degree – online degree programs may be the best option for you.
The University of Hawaii offers students an option of pursuing a specialization with their MSW program, which includes options such as Children and Families, Behavioral Mental Health, Health, and Gerontology.<!- mfunc search_btn -> <!- /mfunc search_btn ->