Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Delaware MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
If you have graduated with your BSW or are simply seeking for paths of entry to the field of social work, the MSW could be a great option for you, particularly the Advanced Standing MSW.
MSW programs in Delaware may welcome students from both BSW programs as well as bachelors degree programs in related disciplines.
Delaware State University is currently the leading provider for CSWE-accredited degree programs in social work in both the online and traditional format. If you might be interested in taking part in this career path, you should read more about what is required of you for future licensure.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Delaware
More people everyday may be utilizing the internet to help with tasks, communication, and education. The influx of online degree programs may be changing the way that students view higher education in a positive way. Delaware currently provides their residents with an online MSW program that contains the highest level of accreditation for social work degree programs.
The University of Delaware in Dover consists of a CSWE-accredited online MSW program that is suitable for even the busiest of adults. If you are like many other residents within this state, you may be looking for reliable options for your education that can help advance your career in the field of social work.
MSW Program Formats
Generally speaking, the MSW is available in full-time, part-time, and advanced standing formats. Each of these options may hold benefits for different students, so you should research what each may require from you prior to enrolling.
Delaware State University can allow students to choose a specialization in Advanced Generalist Social Work, which can be a great choice for students interested in influencing different sectors of society, rather than just one specific group. The online format of the MSW may be a more preferred option for those that have busy work schedules or families to look after due to its flexibility with class attendance and due dates.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Delaware Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
The road to a Social Work career in Delaware can be exciting and full of unique learning experience. Your training and licensure can lead you into one of the career fields listed below, depending on your experience and interests.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: Median salary of $37,770 per year in Delaware. Social Workers that work primarily with children and families can find careers in welfare-focused or education-focused careers. Within this area, professionals can work to identify factors that may interfere with client safety, health, or education, in order to develop effective goals for client improvement.
- Healthcare Social Workers: Median salary of $55,510 per year in Delaware. Healthcare Social Workers in Delaware can work with clients that are having difficulties coping with diagnosed health-related illnesses and disorders. Part of this process can involve connecting clients with supportive services and assisting them with finding high quality services for their medical needs.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: Median salary of $47,400 per year in Delaware. In fields like Mental Health and Substance Abuse, Social Workers can step in to ensure the quality of services to their clients. Reviewing and modifying treatment goals, identifying client opinion and thoughts on the treatment process, and analyzing the overall benefit of services can be an important part of the assessment process completed regularly by Social Workers in this field.
- Social Workers, All Other: Median salary of $58,430 per year in Delaware.
Social Worker Salaries in Delaware
- Dover: $40,660 median salary per year
- Bridgeton: $56,880 median salary per year
- Vineland: $56,880 median salary per year
Delaware Social Work Licensure
The Delaware Board of Social Work Examiners provides detailed rules and expectations for MSW graduates interested in becoming licensed.
The LMSW distinction requires that graduates provide proof of a master's level degree in social work from an accredited university and participate in the ASWB certification examination.
The board may also require that applicants submit letters of recommendation along with their license application and documentation. Individuals seeking careers as Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) may be expected to engage in 2-3 years of supervised work experience and board examination prior to licensing.
Delaware has just one MSW program. You may consider a online MSW programs which allow for a great deal of flexibility. There are quite a few programs that are even CSWE accredited.
More on MSW Programs in Delaware
The state of Delaware has an agency that is responsible for reviewing applications for licensure. The Board of Clinical Social Work Examiners in Delaware may be your leading resource for determining whether or not your degree program meets the minimum standard.
As a rule of thumb, CSWE-accredited degree programs may always be your best bet for gaining approval. While Dover is the leading city for social work degree programs in this state, residents from all over may be eligible for entry into this program.
Recap of Delaware MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is only one MSW program available at a campus location in Delaware. Consider reviewing Online MSW programs.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: The only MSW program in Delaware is accredited by the CSWE. For other options consider our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Delaware Board of Social Work Examiners.
List of MSW Programs in Delaware
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Delaware MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Delaware.