Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Connecticut MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
There are 4 MSW programs throughout this state that can be helpful tools for students with these goals.
If you are interested in becoming licensed as a social worker, you should also review the requirements set forth by the Department of Public Health. This agency is the primary licensing agency for professionals in this field.
In Connecticut, if you are curious about which colleges could be the best choice for you, you should consider the University of Saint Joseph, the University of Connecticut, Southern Connecticut State University, and Quinnipiac University.
At each of these schools, students can choose to pursue specializations such as Clinical Social Work, Child and Family Social Work, and even School Social Work. For on-campus MSW programs, look towards cities such as New Haven and Hartford when seeking cities that can provide you with high quality MSW programs.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Connecticut
Students with the desire to work in the public domain should consider a degree in social work. MSW programs can assist students in learning more about diverse populations, common struggles among citizens, and the services that can be provided to assist them.
Degrees at the masters level can lead to licensure for upcoming professionals, which may be one of the reasons why these programs are so popular among college students. If you are seeking a flexible path to higher career opportunities, you should consider a completely online MSW program in the state of Connecticut. Online MSW programs can be convenient programs that can be attended from your very own home.
When seeking online MSW programs, you should find programs that have received accreditation through the CSWE. This agency accredits both traditional and online programs and is one of the top accreditation agencies in the field. Social work professionals interested in pursuing licensure must complete a degree program that contains the right type of accreditation, as well as be involved in a supervised work experience requirement. Online MSW programs can be found at part-time, full-time, and advanced standing statuses, which can be helpful for a wide range of potential students.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Connecticut Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Upcoming Social Workers in Connecticut can pursue careers in a wide variety of settings after completion of the MSW degree program and state licensure. Read through the intriguing career areas and licensing requirements below to begin your journey into this field.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: Median salary of $70,230 per year in Connecticut. Connecticut Social Workers in Child, Family, and School specializations can become a meaningful and supportive aspect within their clients lives. Connecting with clients, conducting regular check-ins, and establishing a treatment schedule depending on individual needs can be a large component of work in this field.
- Healthcare Social Workers: Median salary of $71,120 per year in Connecticut. Healthcare Social Workers in this state can provide individuals involved with the healthcare field with a voice in regards to their treatment and follow-up services. In some cases, Social Workers may be assigned to advocate for clients that do not have the ability to speak on their own behalf and those that do not have family members available to help support them.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: Median salary of $62,430 per year in Connecticut. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can be employed by mental health agencies, hospitals, or even long-term rehabilitation facilities in need of treatment managers. Your role in these positions may include establishing goals for clients, following up on regular mental health services, and assisting clients with reintegrating back into society.
- Social Workers, All Other: Median salary of $64,920 per year in Connecticut. The field of Social Work can be incredibly diverse in the state of Connecticut. Job openings that encourage home visits, advocacy, and planning can be found in community housing agencies, welfare divisions, and even within private practice.
Social Worker Salaries in Connecticut
- Bridgeport: $76,600 median salary per year
- Hartford: $77,380 median salary per year
- Danbury: $63,870 median salary per year
- New Haven: $77,120 median salary per year
Connecticut Social Work Licensure
The Connecticut State Board of Public Health provides detailed instructions for MSW graduates applying for a social work license.
The most popular licensure path for MSW earners is the LMSW, which requires no field experience for obtaining. Graduates interested in pursuing this type of licensure can submit their application to the board and successfully pass the ASWB examination for social work professionals.
If you are wanting to go further with your certification, you could potentially qualify for licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) after completing around 3,000 hours of clinical supervised experience under a licensed supervisor.
More on MSW Programs in Connecticut
The Master in Social Work degree program can be a great tool for students that have the desire to work with diverse groups in society. Through universities in Connecticut, students can learn more about the personal skills and attributes that may be helpful for success in the field, as well as the laws and regulations that apply when working in the public domain.
Recap of Connecticut MSW Programs and Licensure
- Connecticut MSW Programs: There are 4 campus based MSW programs in Connecticut.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All campus based MSW programs in Connecticut are CSWE accredited. If you're looking for an online program, look at the list of online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: The Connecticut State Board of Public Health is responsible for social work licensure in Connecticut.
List of MSW Programs in Connecticut
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Connecticut MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Connecticut.