Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Like many others states, Colorado can assist students in their pursuits of a lifelong career in social work by both supporting colleges and providing agencies to help review the accuracy of degree programs.
The Social Work Examiners Board in Colorado has a goal of reviewing the validity of college degree programs in social work so that upcoming students can rely on their education for meaningful careers in the future.
There are 5 MSW programs in Colorado, with 2 programs in Denver and 2 programs in Fort Collins. You may consider an Online MSW program.
Students residing in this state can have the opportunity to apply to a handful of on-campus MSW programs throughout the state. Colorado State University, University of Denver, and Metropolitan State University in Denver can all be resource for students that are seeking a MSW degree for their portfolio.
People living in Denver and Fort Collins may have quicker access to MSW programs, since these 2 are the leading areas in the state for the MSW program. Colorado State University may even provide a dual degree program that is open to students that might be intrigued by the completion of both a MSW and MPH during 1 program.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Colorado
If you would like to learn more about your options for convenience and flexibility in your degree program, you should seek out online and accredited MSW programs throughout the state of Colorado.
Online and accredited degree programs can potentially give you a high-quality education that can be helpful when pursuing licensure after graduation, as well as expertise throughout the duration of your career.
Campus Based Colorado MSW Programs
The availability of online MSW programs in Colorado may be surprising to upcoming students that are new to the search for virtual learning. Colorado State University, the University of Denver, and Metropolitan State University all currently offer online MSW programs accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Between these 3 programs, you may choose from specializations in Advanced Generalist Practice, Individuals and Families, Macro (Leadership and Management), and Mental Health and Trauma. Diverse offerings for degree specializations can make these programs even more attractive for undergraduate degree holders from different professional fields.
The flexibility and current reliability of CSWE-accredited programs may be part of what makes these programs so sought after among upcoming professionals with the desire to move forward with their degrees.
You might consider an Online MSW program - these are emerging and becoming more common, and with the University of Denver's program, you can study online with a Colorado based university.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Colorado Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
The field of Social Work in Colorado begins with involvement in the MSW degree program. Following this program up with licensing can lead you into interesting career opportunities in one of the specialized areas listed below.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: Median salary of $47,150 per year in Colorado. The role of a Child, Family, and School Social Worker can vary on a day-to-day basis. Depending on the needs of specific clients, professionals may attend meetings through state organizations, participate in Individual Education Plan meetings, or even accompany their clients to court to protect their best interests.
- Healthcare Social Workers: Median salary of $50,500 per year in Colorado. Social Workers in the field of Healthcare can also participate in unique career tasks during their experience in this field. Meeting with doctors, communicating with insurance companies, and assisting families during hard healthcare decisions can be just a small portion of the important work completed by professionals in this field.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: Median salary of $45,440 per year in Colorado. The goal of Social Workers in Mental Health and Substance Abuse is to provide clients with professional assistance with changing their lives for the better. While in this field, you may make home visits with your clients, discuss their treatment goals, and work to identify any unmet needs for further treatment options.
- Social Workers, All Other: Median salary of $52,070 per year in Colorado. Unique Social Work experiences can also be found throughout the state of Colorado. Child and Adult Advocacy services often employ Social Workers to support their clients, while private organizations within you area may require on-staff Social Workers for developing client plans or review services.
Social Worker Salaries in Colorado
- Colorado Springs: $72,180 median salary per year
- Denver: $58,640 median salary per year
- Boulder: $41,080 median salary per year
- Fort Collins: $39,680 median salary per year
Colorado Social Work Licensure
Colorado residents can potentially pursue different types of licensure at the MSW level by applying through The Colorado State Board of Social Work Examiners.
The LSW designation is for MSW holders that work under supervision of LCSWs within their line of work. This licensure type requires no post-degree experience and includes successful completion of a licensing examination. An alternative license available to MSW holders working specifically in residential child care facilities is the SWP license.
Candidates for this licensure should hold at MSW degree from an accredited university and provide evidence of LCSW supervision during your practice. The SWP license does not currently include any testing requirements.
Recap of Colorado MSW Programs and Licensure
- Colorado MSW Programs: There are 3 different MSW programs in Colorado, with an option for an online MSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All Colorado MSW programs are CSWE accredited.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Colorado State Board of Social Work Examiners.
List of MSW Programs in Colorado
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Colorado MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Colorado.