Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
The state of Arkansas currently offers 2 MSW programs that have received accreditation through the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
The CSWE is the leading accreditation agency for degree programs in this field. Little Rock, Jonesboro, and Fayetteville may be the most popular cities for upcoming social work professionals, since universities such as the University of Arkansas, Arkansas State University, and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock are located within these areas.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Arkansas
There may be different types of MSW programs available to students with different needs. One of the most popular options for upcoming students may be the completely online MSW program.
There are 2 online MSW programs that currently hold CSWE accreditation in Arkansas - one at the University of Arkansas and the other at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. At these universities, students can choose from either a part-time or advanced standing program. If you choose to pursue a concentration with your degree program, you could pursue one such as the Multi-System Life Course Perspective specialization offered by the University of Arkansas.
Online MSW programs may consist of courses that can allow students to review what is required, take part in group assignments, submit research papers, and even complete exams through the helpful online system.
Students may also have the capability of contacting other students or instructors to convenient discussion and email tools offered through their institution. Possibly one of the most attractive features of online MSW programs is their flexibility in terms of log-in requirements and attendance.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Arkansas Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
MSW degree holders can become effective and influential community supporters throughout their career. Social Workers can positively impact children, adults with medical and mental health needs, and even people struggling with dangerous addictions after achieving licensure within their state.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: Median salary of $36,690 per year in Arkansas. Social workers in educational and family settings can assist their clients with a wide variety of issues pertaining to family welfare, housing, reunification, and education. In some cases, social workers may work in multiple settings in order to provide support in different aspects of their client's life.
- Healthcare Social Workers: Median salary of $45,020 per year in Arkansas. Healthcare Social Workers can be part of healthcare teams in hospitals, healthcare clinics, and even within government agencies providing support to the public. Social Workers in this domain can assist clients as they navigate through important decisions regarding their health and insurance. In some cases, professionals in this field may also be assigned to work with clients that have limited decision making abilities.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: Median salary of $40,170 per year in Arkansas. Social Workers in Mental Health and Substance Abuse fields can work closely with individuals that have been diagnosed with disorders such as Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction. Day-to-day responsibilities may include organizing mental health services, rehabilitative services, or following up on regular services.
- Social Workers, All Other: Median salary of $36,680 per year in Arkansas. Social Workers that go through extensive training after receiving their master's degree can move on to become mental health counselors within certain social field. In other scenarios, Social Workers might partner with non-profit organizations, local government, or even within private advocacy practices to help the public. There are numerous alternative career options for individuals interested in this career path.
Social Worker Salaries in Arkansas
- Fayetteville: $67,920 median salary per year
- Little Rock: $51,890 median salary per year
- Springdale: $67,920 median salary per year
- Rogers: $67,920 median salary per year
Arkansas Social Work Licensure
Graduates of MSW programs in Arkansas should be familiar with the requirements of The Arkansas Social Work Licensing Board.
This agency requires that upcoming licensees hold an accredited master's-level degree in social work prior to being eligible for licensing. Along with the appropriate degree requirements, applicants for licensure must also complete the ASWB examination successfully.
Candidates for licensure can receive their Licensed Master's Social Worker distinction through completion of these steps. Those pursuing higher credentials such as the LCSW must complete an additional 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience along with their examination in order to qualify.
There are just a few schools in Arkansas with on-campus Master of Social Work programs. You may consider an online MSW program or check out a nearby state if you are looking to study on campus.
More on MSW Programs in Arkansas
Arkansas provides a great support for educational programs designed to help upcoming professionals become more knowledgeable about their fields – especially in the field of social work. If you might be interested in learning about what your state has to offer in terms of degree programs, you have stopped at the right place.
If you were to conduct an internet search of available MSW programs, you might find that there are numerous colleges that claim to have degree programs to fit your needs. The truth is – accreditation is the only true way of determining whether or not your degree program can meet the licensing standard of your state.
The Social Work Licensing Board in Arkansas may be your most trusted source for determining what type of degree and how much supervised experience you might need to become licensed in the future. Reviewing what this board requires can be helpful during your journey to better career options.
Recap of Arkansas MSW Programs and Licensure
- Arkansas MSW Programs: There are two MSW programs in Arkansas and one BSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All MSW programs with campus locations in Arkansas are CSWE accredited, but you might consider online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Arkansas Social Work Licensing Board.
List of MSW Programs in Arkansas
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Arkansas MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Arkansas.