Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Oregon MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
If you are an Oregon resident that is interested in pursuing a masters degree in social work, you may be pleased to find out that there is currently 1 MSW program provided by educational institutions in this state.
Portland State University is a leading provider of MSW programs and is located in the popular city of Portland, Oregon. This program is currently accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and can provide students with high-quality education suitable to meet their needs.
Portland State University's MSW program is a 78 credit hour program available to students from different cities throughout Oregon. As a student here, you can take advantage of an advanced standing MSW option, full-time, or part-time option in your program.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Oregon
Online educational programs can be a game-changer for upcoming social work professionals with no extra free time for attending classes. In the state of Oregon, students can take advantage of an online MSW program offered through Portland State University. Portland State can partner with students to ensure that they are getting a great quality of education in the most convenient method possible.
This program works according to a cohort model and may include 3 on-campus intensive practica as part of the degree experience. Students all over the state of Portland can choose to be a part of this incredibly diverse and convenient program.
Portland State University's online MSW program can be a stepping stone for upcoming social work professionals interested in either specialized practice in social work or leadership. Specializations offered by this university can allow students to focus on the managerial needs of social service organizations, as well as public service agencies all over the country. If you have the desire to move higher in your current career or make a grand entrance into the field of social work, MSW programs online could be an excellent choice for you to consider.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Oregon Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Oregon can be a great place to engage in a social work career. As you can see in the guide below, some of the most popular social work positions involve working with children and families, as well as with people that are struggling with their physical and emotional health.
- Child, Family, and School Social Work: $50,460 median salary per year. Social Workers in this specialized area may travel regularly to meet clients, attend court hearing, and educational meetings when needed. The goal of professionals in this area is to adequately coordinate services to help children and families thrive.
- Healthcare Social Work: $69,720 median salary per year. If you are interested in pursuing a career that supports and provides guidance to individuals with health-related diagnoses, Healthcare Social Work could be the right choice for you. Professionals in this field work closely with people as they find needed health services and navigate the healthcare system.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Work: $46,270 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers may partner with therapeutic providers to ensure that clients are adjusting their environment and lifestyle to accommodate positive change. Home visits, employment assistance, and life planning may be some responsibilities of individuals in this field.
- Social Work, All Other: $51,650 median salary per year. Social Work positions in Oregon may also be available in private practices for clinical workers, court systems, and non profit agencies serving the public.
Social Worker Salaries in Oregon
- Bend: $51,340 median salary per year
- Corvallis: $68,250 median salary per year
- Eugene: $49,740 median salary per year
- Grants Pass: $49,710 median salary per year
Oregon Social Work Licensure
The Oregon Board of Licensed Social Workers requires the Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSWs) hold at minimum a MSW from a CSWE-accredited program.
Applicants must also provide proof of completion of the ASWB's master's examination and the Oregon Rules and Statutes examination. Once these items are provided to the board, applicants can be approved for licensing.
Social Work Agencies and Accreditation in Oregon
Licensing standards for positions in social work in the state of Oregon may follow the regulations set forth by the Oregon State Board Of Licensed Clinical Social Workers. The accreditation of your chosen program can help determine whether or not you can become licensed after a supervised internship experience. Students interested in working in the field of Social Work can choose from specializations such as Leadership in Communities and Organizations or Health across the Lifespan.
Recap of Oregon MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is just one MSW program in Oregon and it is accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The Oregon Board of Licensed Social Workers.
List of MSW Programs in Oregon
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Oregon MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Oregon.