Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
New Hampshire MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
If you live in New Hampshire, you may take pride in the educational excellent that is currently provided within your state. College degree programs found here can assist you in achieving your goal of becoming a degree-holding professional, especially in the field of social work.
Masters in Social Work (MSW) degree programs can be a great way for students in New Hampshire to work towards a career that is meaningful to their needs.
New Hampshire currently consists of 1 accredited online MSW program that can be suitable for helping you achieve your goal of changing lives.
The University of New Hampshire is the primary provider for MSW programs throughout the state. This college is located in the busy city of Durham, New Hampshire, and can assist you in achieving licensure due to its accreditation status.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in New Hampshire
The online MSW program at the University of New Hampshire can be a great choice for residents of this state as well as people outside its borders. This flexible online program consists of a 62 credit hour requirement that can potentially be completed in under 30 months.
As part of the program requirements, students may be encouraged to take part in field internships during their degree experience, which can take place in local social service agencies of a student's choice. There are a total of 2 internships required during the whole program which last 9 months each.
Durham's online MSW program can be a great resource for students concerned with high-quality educational programs. The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) has reviewed and approved UNH's MSW program, meaning that is contains all of the necessary elements required for licensure. Your dream of becoming a reputable and helpful social work professional should begin with access to accredited degree programs, making New Hampshire a great place to find a degree program to get you started.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
New Hampshire Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
If you are interested in becoming a Social Work professional in New Hampshire, you should explore some of the common fields and average salaries listed below. Depending on what type of work you plan to do and in what areas, your median wage can vary.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $49,540 median salary per year. Social Workers within this specialized area may be assigned a caseload of children or adults in need of specialized planning and service provisions. Home visits, transportation, and referral services are a few of the major responsibilities in this field, as well as attending mandatory meetings and advocating for services that are in the best interests of your client.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $64,560 median salary per year. Social Workers in Healthcare organizations may be assigned to clients that are struggling with the emotional responses to serious health-related diagnoses. Assisting clients with finding support systems for their home, career resources, and negotiations with personal insurance may be a few of the many things that you engage with on a daily basis. Each client may present with varying needs, which can contribute to the uniqueness of this career choice.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $56,940 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can partner with individuals that are working towards normalcy within their personal lives. Establishing post-rehabilitation services for people struggling with addiction and writing detailed home treatment plans for mental health patients may be part of what is required from professionals in this line of Social Work.
- Social Workers, All Other: $72,690 median salary per year. Social Work positions in your state outside of those listed above can be found in diverse professional fields. Some non-profit agencies may hire Social Workers to work with children through after-school programs or even with children that have experienced abuse or neglect. Social Workers may also partner with educational institutions to provide informational programs to the public for prevention and educational purposes.
Social Worker Salaries in New Hampshire
- Nashua: $74,420 median salary per year
- Dover: $53,590 median salary per year
- Manchester: $55,840 median salary per year
- Portsmouth: $66,510 median salary per year
New Hampshire Social Work Licensure
If you are interested in becoming a licensed Social Work professional, you should familiarize yourself with The New Hampshire Board of Mental Health Practice.
This organization provides MSW graduates with 1 licensing option to consider for advancing their career. New Hampshire is a state that does not require licensing for non-clinical Social Work professionals.
The Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) is a licensing option for graduates interested in pursuing clinical careers in the field.
This option requires that applicants provide evidence of CSWE-accredited degrees, complete 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience, and submit passing test scores from the ASWB Clinical Examination.
More on New Hampshire Universities offering Social Work Programs
For social work students that might be interested in pursuing specialized paths during their career, UNH provides different concentration options to pursue alongside the standard MSW track. The concentrations for this program include Health and Mental Health, Addictions and Substance Abuse, Children, Youth and Families, and Disabilities.
The options for students to pursue can allow for a wide range of potential professional paths for those that graduate from each program. Those seeking future licensure in the state of New Hampshire should become familiar with the regulations and requirements set forth by the New Hampshire Board of Mental Health Practice.
Recap of New Hampshire MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 2 MSW programs in New Hampshire (one on campus and on online).
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: Both New Hampshire MSW programs are accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is administered by The New Hampshire Board of Mental Health Practice.
List of MSW Programs in New Hampshire
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited New Hampshire MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in New Hampshire.