Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Montana MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
People interested in social work as a profession should look out for MSW programs that help with their training. There may be many types of social work-oriented degree programs available in the state of Montana.
However, if you are planning on pursuing licensure at the masters level after completing your degree program, you should consider the importance of finding MSW programs that contain CSWE accreditation.
Perhaps the most popular city in Montana for campus-based MSW programs is currently Missoula. In this area, students can find a MSW program at the University of Montana that can help them learn more about the field of social work and become licensed in the future.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Montana
There may be large numbers of people throughout the United States concerned with helping people in need. The field of social work and services may be a professional area that calls upon these people to fill positions responsible for guiding citizens through difficult circumstances in their personal lives.
Some of the most reliable and convenient MSW programs can be found in the online format. Online MSW programs are strikingly similar to traditional programs in that they may be taught by the same instructors and contain the same curriculum.
Online MSW programs may be a better option for students with educational self-discipline and drive due to the independence they can provide.
Residents of Montana interested in pursuing their MSW online should seek out universities containing CSWE-accredited programs. Accredited degree programs may consist of specializations such as Advanced Generalist Social Work and Youth & Adolescent Social Work. Accredited degree programs can be your most important resource when seeking licensure and may be a major requirement of the Board Of Social Work Examiners and Professional Counselors. If you wish to have the most up to date information regarding licensure in social work, this agency may be the right one to contact.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Montana Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
In the state of Montana, you can pursue great paying careers in a wide array of different specialized areas. The average pay within the field of Social Work can vary depending on your specialty and the city in which you choose to work.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $37,340 median salary per year. Child and Family Social Work can include many different core responsibilities depending on what area of service your organization provides. Adoption workers, Case Management, and Child Protection Agent are a few of the most well-known job titles in this field. School Social Workers may also work with the educational team to provide children with access to behavioral and emotional services, as well as support for families in terms of their child's educational success.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $48,650 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers can assist their clients in obtaining better healthcare according to their needs. Establishing and conducting support groups for patients and families struggling to cope with serious health-related illnesses, assistance with obtaining financial support, and setting up rehabilitation services as needed are also extremely important responsibilities of professionals in this field.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $34,600 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers may be assigned to clients in need of support and advocacy within these two realms. Establishing therapy providers, developing a community treatment plan, and working with client families are some of the major components associated within working in this field.
- Social Workers, All Other: $38,620 median salary per year. If you are interested in alternative Social Work positions in your area, you may locate positions in the legal system, which can include working with individuals and families involved in legal proceedings. Leadership opportunities, research, and community education can be additional options for you to consider as you progress into this field.
Social Worker Salaries in Montana
- Missoula: $35,000 median salary per year
- Great Falls: $36,990 median salary per year
- Billings: $37,620 median salary per year
Montana Social Work Licensure
The Montana Board of Behavioral Health currently offers 1 licensing option to upcoming Social Work professionals. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) option requires that learners complete a CSWE-accredited master's level program in Social Work to be considered.
In addition to educational requirements, you must also complete 3,000 supervised hours in the field under the supervision of a LCSW.
Once you have completed your supervision component, you can register for and pass the ASWB Clinical Examination as your final step towards licensing.
More on MSW Programs and Accreditation in Montana
CSWE accreditation can help to guarantee the reliability of your degree program. Students that reside in the state of Montana must ensure that their educational programs and experience requirements follow the direction of the Board Of Social Work Examiners and Professional Counselors, since this agency is responsible for issuing licenses to social work applicants.
With some programs, students may have the option of pursuing specializations that can help them focus on particular areas of interest in the social work field. Regardless of what you choose, be sure to verify the accreditation of your chosen program before applying.
Recap of Montana MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There is one MSW program in Montana and it is accredited by the CSWE. For more programs view our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Montana Board of Behavioral Health.
List of MSW Programs in Montana
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Montana MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Montana.