Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Missouri MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
Throughout the state of Missouri, people interested in pursuing social work degree programs may have several different options to choose from. The best choice for a MSW degree program would be a program that is currently accredited through the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
In Missouri, there are 7 MSW programs that can help students gain experience and expertise in this incredible field. Universities such as Missouri State University and the University of Missouri may be leading colleges for MSW programs throughout the state, with some other collegiate options being Washington University and St. Louis University.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Missouri
If you reside in Missouri, you might be considering enrollment into online degree programs in social work. However, there may be factors to consider prior to enrolling in available programs, such as their current accreditation status. Accredited programs can help you obtain licensure after graduation and are required by the Missouri State Committee for Social Workers during the licensing process.
Online MSW programs in Missouri can be an excellent choice for people that are in need of convenience with their degree programs. Throughout the state, there is 1 CSWE-accredited degree program that can be completed online. This program may be found at the University of Missouri. This fully-online degree program can help students maintain current on issues in social work and also offers asynchronous learning opportunities for students with even the busiest schedules.
Different programs that may currently be offered to students at this university may be part-time and full-time. Advanced standing options can also be applied to by students that have previously graduated from a BSW program and are licensed social workers employed in the field. The specialization options currently available through this school are Clinical Social Work and Policy, Planning, and Administration. These programs can be great for people with differing goals in the field of social work, such as working directly with client and human services management.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Missouri Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Some of the highest paying cities for Social Worker in Missouri include Kansas City and Jefferson City. Read more in the guide below to explore some of the most popular career options in this state and how they translate in terms of average salaries.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $36,470 median salary per year. Social Workers within this area of specialization may work with families involved in the child welfare system. Coordinating child and family team meetings, referring to therapeutic services, and conducting home and school visits may be part of this role. Social Workers may also provide transportation to children on their caseload, establish mental health services for parents and children, and advocate for the needs of their clients.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $43,600 median salary per year. Social Workers in Healthcare may have a wide array of responsibilities depending on their organization. Conducting assessments for client needs, developing a progress plan for movement through health services, and advocacy for patients rights are a few of the goals of professionals in this field. Social Workers in this field may also refer clients to needed mental health services and community support services at discharge.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $37,320 median salary per year. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers can work directly with clients as they navigate supportive mental health or drug rehabilitation programs. Helping clients gain access to resources for their success may be the primary role of professionals in this field, as well as working with client families to establish a strong foundation of support as clients transition back into their natural environment.
- Social Workers, All Other: $65,920 median salary per year. Social Work positions within your community may include those involved in social research, which can contribute to the betterment of Social Work practice, or education. Supervisory positions may also be available to Social Work professionals that have experience in the field or for those with higher level degrees in the field.
Social Worker Salaries in Missouri
- Columbia: $34,170 median salary per year
- Jefferson City: $43,140 median salary per year
- Joplin: $36,670 median salary per year
- Kansas City: $65,800 median salary per year
Missouri Social Work Licensure
The Missouri Division of Professional Registration currently provides licensing options for masters graduates in the field of Social Work.
The most popular licensing option for graduates in this field is the Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW). In order to achieve this level of licensing, you must provide the board with proof of graduation and transcripts from a CSWE-accredited university, submit letters of recommendation from other professionals in your field, and register for and pass the ASWB examination for masters-level candidates.
Clinical licensing options may also be available to graduates interested in engagement in a 3,000 hour supervision requirement.
More on Social Work Programs in Missouri
Prospective students that live in St. Louis, Kansas City, or Columbia may have closer access to available MSW programs, since these may be the most popular locations for degree programs throughout the state.
If you might be interested in pursuing specialty fields as part of your degree program, you might be pleased to discover that Missouri’s MSW programs may consists of concentration options such as Clinical Social Work and Policy, Planning, and Administration in Human Services. The state of Missouri can be a great place for future professionals to engage in course work and internship opportunities that can assist them in becoming more knowledgeable and educated professionals.
Recap of Missouri MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 7 MSW programs in Missouri with one online MSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All 7 Missouri MSW programs are accredited by the CSWE. View our list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Missouri Division of Professional Registration.
List of MSW Programs in Missouri
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Missouri MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Missouri.