Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
People interested in social work careers may have several steps to complete prior to working with clients in the field.
If you are interested in learning more about where these programs may be located throughout the state, you might be delighted to find out that programs are most popular in Minneapolis, Mankato, and Saint Cloud.
You might also consider an Online CSWE accredited MSW program.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Each of these cities in Minnesota can offer students MSW programs that can assist in fruitful and meaningful careers.
If you plan to pursue a license as a social work professional, please consider the recommendations of the Minnesota Board of Social Work prior to choosing a degree program.
This agency may be responsible for approving license applications and may require that students complete degree programs that hold proper accreditation.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Minnesota Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Minnesota offers a wide range of career options for Social Work professionals. Working with individuals and families within different metropolitan areas can include varying career responsibilities and may include diverse median salaries.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $54,280 median salary per year. Social Workers in both the home and school environment can conduct home visits when reports of educational interference or welfare have been made. Ensuring client safety through family assessments, educational assessments, and alcohol and drug assessments can also be a major core responsibility of professionals within this specialty.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $58,220 median salary per year. Social Workers in the field of healthcare may hold a wide array of responsibilities of their clients. Some of those include the coordination of intake into treatment programs, working with individuals and families as they adjust to new diagnoses or disability, and also working with clinicians to develop discharge plans.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $51,890 median salary per year. As a Mental Health Social Worker, you may assist in the assessment of a client's mental or physical condition for further treatments. This can be followed by the development of treatment programs, as well as follow-up in different stages of progress. You may also refer your clients to supportive resources including those for housing, employment, and additional therapeutic services as needed.
- Social Workers, All Other: $65,310 median salary per year. Social Workers in Minnesota may also have access to specialized career opportunities including those in team leadership, which can include managing teams of Social Work professionals. Crisis intervention Social Workers could be another alternative option for you consider. Crisis workers may intervene during medical, emotional, or behavior crises that threaten an individual's health and wellness.
Social Worker Salaries in Minnesota
- Duluth: $58,090 median salary per year
- Mankato: $67,250 median salary per year
- Minneapolis: $68,040 median salary per year
- Rochester: $62,340 median salary per year
Minnesota Social Work Licensure
The Minnesota Board of Social Work offers different licensing options to graduate-level incoming Social Work professionals.
The most common and easiest license to obtain in this state is the Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) option. This option requires an application, proof of CSWE-accredited degree, and completion of the ASWB examination.
Higher licensing options such as the Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) also require that prospects complete 4,000 hours of supervised experience under the supervision of a LISW.
Recap of Minnesota MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: Overall there are 12 MSW programs in Minnesota, with at least one online MSW program being based out of Minnesota.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: There are 9 Minnesota MSW programs accredited by the CSWE. Review the full list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: Licensure is required and run by The Minnesota Board of Social Work.
List of MSW Programs in Minnesota
University of Denver
University of Southern California
George Mason University
University of Kentucky
CSWE Accredited Minnesota MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Minnesota.