Consider a Featured CSWE Accredited Online MSW Program
Students residing in Maine interested in enrolling in a degree program that can help them access these types of careers may seek out MSW programs for their resumes.
In terms of CSWE-accredited programs, the state of Maine currently provides 3 to learners in the state.
Colleges that you can choose for your program include the University of Maine, the University of New England, and the University of Southern Maine.
MSW programs through these universities can teach students more about the laws and ethics involved in social work, diversity within different groups in society, and current social services that may be available for use. In order to become licensed as a social worker, applicants must meet the recommendations of licensing agencies within their state.
Consider featured online MSW programs that are currently accepting applicants for their Master of Social Work degree.
Consider a Featured Online Social Work Program
|School / Program||Online Program / Entry Reqs||Advanced Standing Availability / Course Information|
|University of Denver||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing Program available. Two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.Learn More
|Fordham University||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. Advanced standing and traditional MSW options. Four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.Learn More
|University of Southern California||✔ Online|
Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.).Learn More
|University of Kentucky||✔ Online|
Advanced Standing Program available. MSW program includes options for an advanced-standing program (30 credits) and a 60-credit regular standing program.Learn More
|Baylor University||✔ Online|
No GRE Scores Required
Advanced Standing Program available. 2 Specializations: Clinical Practice or Community Practice. Standard MSW and Advanced Standing MSW.Learn More
|Case Western Reserve University||✔ Online|
No GRE Required
Advanced Standing available. Earn your online master’s in social work from Case Western Reserve University, a top-ranked school of social work. No GRE required.Learn More
Online MSW Programs in Maine
Maine may also provide students with innovative options for completing their degree. In recent years, the number of reliable online MSW degrees in the U.S. may have increased, making this option more obtainable for students with busy lifestyles.
Maine offers several online MSW programs to students - both of which contain the highest level of social work accreditation. As you search for the program that is the best choice for you, you are encouraged to consider factors such as cost, length of time, and available specializations.
These items can be helpful in getting the most for your money as well as working in areas that are of the most interest to you.
The University of Maine in Orono may be a popular choice for upcoming students interested in online education. Students may be given the option of pursuing the Advanced Generalist specialization at this university, which could be great for those with a desire to work in diverse fields in society.
Located in Biddeford, Maine, the University of New England can be another great choice for students. Specializations available through this completely online program are Individual, Family, & Group Practice, and Organizational & Community Health.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver's top-20 school of social work. CSWE-accredited. MSW @ Denver offers two online graduate programs: a traditional MSW and an advanced standing MSW.
Fordham's top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service offers a future-focused online MSW program, preparing students for integrated practice with all populations. Bachelor's degree required. CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information.
Lead change at the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Earn a Master of Social Work online in as few as 12 months if you have a Bachelor of Social Work. Doctor of Social Work online can be completed through an accelerated 24 month track (master’s req.). CSWE Accredited.
Click for admissions information at MSW.USC.edu.
Maine Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Work can be a diverse and incredible career option for MSW graduates. The work setting and income rate for Social Work professionals can vary depending on your specialization and career setting.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $48,800 median salary per year. Professionals in this type of career may meet with clients in the home or at school. Transporting clients, providing services, and connecting families with resources are just a few more daily duties that are common in this field. Many Social Workers in this area are employed at the state level.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $51,900 median salary per year. As a Healthcare Social Worker you can work primarily out of hospitals or other medical centers with a high number of daily clients. You may visit with clients while they are in the hospital and even conduct visits in the home after discharge. Your role is to ensure that they are obtaining all needed community and health-related supports during their transition and while in the home.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $51,250 median salary per year. Social Workers in these areas can work with clients that have been diagnosed with mental health disorders or with clients that are struggling with addiction. Social Workers can help clients identify supportive people in their lives, locate triggers, and develop a plan to keep them on track while in the community.
- Social Workers, All Other: $48,810 median salary per year. Social Workers interested in providing closer counseling services to their clients can do so through obtaining supervision of a LCSW. This specialized area for MSW graduates can be a great way for you to provide helpful therapeutic interventions to your clients in a wide variety of settings.
Social Worker Salaries in Maine
- Bangor: $50,200 median salary per year
- Lewiston: $57,650 median salary per year
- Portland: $46,970 median salary per year
- Auburn: $57,650 median salary per year
Maine Social Work Licensure
The Maine State Board of Social Work Licensure currently licenses all Social Work professionals in this state.
You can become a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) through application, providing proof of an accredited MSW degree, and test scores from the ASWB Master's exam.
Clinical Social Work licensure may require that you also engage in 2-3 year of supervised experience in the field. Conditional clinical licensure may also be available on a case-by-case basis.
Maine residents should seek out guidance from the State Board Of Social Work Licensure during their journey. Most licensing agencies require that students obtain a degree from a CSWE-accredited program, engage in supervised work experience, and complete a board examination in social work.
People all over the country may be drawn to Maine due it preserved beauty and lengthy American history. This state can also be a prosperous state for upcoming professionals interested in working for social service agencies interested in servicing the public.
Recap of Maine MSW Programs and Licensure
- MSW Programs: There are 4 MSW programs in Maine, with one online MSW program.
- CSWE Accredited MSW Programs: All 4 campus based MSW programs (including the one online MSW) are CSWE accredited. Review the list of Online CSWE Accredited MSW programs.
- Social Work Licensure: The Maine State Board of Social Work Licensure administers Maine social work licensure for LMSWs.
List of MSW Programs in Maine
University of Denver
University of Southern California
University of Kentucky
Our Lady of the Lake University
CSWE Accredited Maine MSW Programs
The CSWE (Council on Social Work Education) is the top accrediting board for MSW programs. Below you will find a list of CSWE accredited social work programs in Maine.