Kansas MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
There are multiple options for MSW programs in Kansas at universities across the state. There are no 100% online programs that have campuses within the state of Kansas, but at least one university has a hybrid MSW program that combines online learning with in-campus visits (University of Kansas).
Social work professionals in this state may be in high demand, making the MSW a great option for residents seeking higher education. From border to border, Kansas currently has 4 MSW programs available for you to choose from.
Whether you are closer to popular MSW cities such as Wichita or Topeka, there may be degree options suitable for what you require.
Some of the universities that are more popular for MSW earners may include the University of Kansas and Wichita State University. A couple of others for your consideration are Newman University and Washburn University. Each one of these schools may offer CSWE-accredited MSW programs for you to engage with.
Online MSW Programs in Kansas
There may be no better feeling that successfully completing your desired degree. Some of the most qualified social work professionals may hold a MSW degree, making it a great option for you to pursue.
If you would like even more convenience with your degree program, you should choose degree programs in Kansas that can be completed through the online domain.
Online MSW programs may be gaining popularity with residents of Kansas, especially since they can offer the same level of reliability and credibility as traditional MSW programs.
Students enrolling in online MSW programs may have the opportunity to choose a specific path for their studies. Some of the most popular concentration options for social work professionals may be Clinical Social Work, Child and Family Social Work, and Adult Social Work.
Each of these specializations can lead you into working with specific groups that you may be more concerned with providing support for.
What to Expect in an Online MSW Program
In an online MSW program, you may be expected to engaging in course projects concerning research topics of your choice, supervised internship experiences, and even professional debates with some of your classmates.
Students may find some of the same elements found in traditional education programs in their online experience.
Kansas Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
Social Workers holding the MSW can practice within diverse settings such as the mental health field, healthcare organizations, and even school systems in Kansas. If you are on track for the MSW degree, read more about what each career option can provide for you below.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $41,360 median salary per year. Social Workers within this field work hard to ensure the safety and health of their clients. Participating in school meetings, regular check-ups, and therapeutic treatment planning are a few duties that Social Workers in this field may be responsible for. Social Workers may be part of a larger team of professionals responsible for treatment of a single client.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $54,420 median salary per year. For clients that are receiving complex medical care or those that are unable to make their own decisions, Healthcare Social Workers can be an incredibly important resource. Social Workers in this area can assist clients with navigating health insurance, various surgeries or treatments, and can include family members in the decision-making process.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $37,910 median salary per year. As a Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Worker, you may work with clients that are working through specific treatment programs for their individual needs. Home visits, locating resources, and patient advocacy are just a few of the many different responsibilities that you may come in contact with in this specialization.
- Social Workers, All Other: $46,900 median salary per year. If you are interested in a diverse field, Social Work could be the career choice for you. Social Workers can work with children, adults, or even the elderly as they progress through different life stages and express different social, emotional, and physical needs. Depending on your interests, there may be specialized Social Work positions to fit your skill set.
Social Worker Salaries in Kansas
- Lawrence: $39,180 median salary per year
- Topeka: $46,770 median salary per year
- Wichita: $44,460 median salary per year
Kansas Social Work Licensure
The leading resource for licensees in this state is the The Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board.
With the MSW, you can pursue a license as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) by completing your accredited MSW program, submitting an application, then sitting for the ASWB examination for your degree level. Clinical licensure in this state may require 4,000 clinical hours under supervision of a licensed supervisor.
More on CSWE Accreditation and MSW Programs in Kansas
What is the purpose of accreditation? The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is responsible for reviewing your degree program and its curriculum in order to determine if it meets the national standard for social work education.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
Colleges work very hard to maintain their accreditation, which can be necessary in the event you want to become licensed.
People interested in becoming licensed should obtain an accredited MSW and follow the remaining steps put into place by the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board.<!- mfunc search_btn -> <!- /mfunc search_btn ->