Idaho MSW Programs
Schools with MSW Programs
Social Work Licensure
Social Work Careers
The state of Idaho, its universities, and the Idaho Board Of Social Work Examiners can be supportive to upcoming students in the field of social work by providing reliable and thorough degree programs for them to take part in.
Throughout the entire state of Idaho, 4 MSW programs are currently available for you to choose from. These degree programs currently provide a curriculum approved by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), meaning they can set you on track for masters-level licensure.
If you would like to learn more about licensure requirements in your state, you should review the Idaho Board of Social Work Examiners' website for detailed information.
Online MSW Programs in Idaho
Students in today's generation may be more attracted to online MSW programs due to their convenience and technological constituents.
Online MSW programs in the state of Idaho can be a great way for students to exercise their skills in social work without having to leave the comforts of their own home. Boise State University is the leading provider of online MSW programs in this state.
If you were to enroll in this online MSW program, you might have the option to learn more about particular fields within social work or even generalized social work fields as a whole. Your learning can take place through a convenient online classroom that may be helpful and easy to access.
With 4 Masters of Social Work programs in Idaho, there are a few, but not a ton of options for a career in social work. You might consider looking at Online Master of Social Work programs - there are around 40 of them and most accept from most states in the US, as long as you pass the other pre-qualifications.
Idaho Social Worker Careers with an MSW Degree
If you reside in Idaho and currently hold the MSW degree, you can potentially qualify for career titles like the ones listed below. Each career option can provide outstanding benefits to the clients targeted and provide you with a great paying career that utilizes the skills learned through your degree program and training.
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers: $46,660 median salary per year. Social Workers within the family system can intervene in instances of abuse, neglect, or maltreatment in the family unit. In the school system, Social Workers can provide assistance to families that are struggling with poverty or that have been involved with the welfare system.
- Healthcare Social Workers: $57,780 median salary per year. Healthcare Social Workers can be an important part of a patient's overall plan of care. In some cases, these professionals may help plan for at-home care after a hospital stay, work with families on social and emotional goals, and assist clients with locating supportive services for the home environment.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: $46,650 median salary per year. Social Workers in mental health and substance abuse settings can work with clients to identify environmental triggers, meaningful social relationships, and positive activities to help during their overall treatment program. Social Workers in these fields may work in mental health or rehabilitation facilities.
- Social Workers, All Other: $75,820 median salary per year. Social Workers can also be found in fields such as the legal system, since this area often requires advocates for children during the legal decision making process. Master's-level Social Workers can also provide therapeutic services in some settings under the supervision of a LCSW. Each of these roles can be extremely important to a client's emotional health and development.
Social Worker Salaries in Idaho
- Boise City: $75,520 median salary per year
- Coeur d'Alene: $40,750 median salary per year
- Idaho Falls: $45,340 median salary per year
- Lewiston: $45,400 median salary per year
Idaho Social Work Licensure
The Idaho Board of Social Work Examiners offers the Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) licensing option to graduates of accredited MSW programs.
If you are interested in becoming a LMSW, you can submit your application to the board along with proof of graduation from your CSWE-accredited MSW program and sit for the ASWB examination.
More on MSW Programs in Idaho
The leading providers of MSW programs in the state of Idaho are Boise State University in Boise and Northwest Nazarene University in Nampa. Each of these programs can be great additions to your resume, since both have received and maintained CSWE accreditation.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
While a specialization for your degree program may not be required for licensure, some students choose to pursue them in an effort to learn more about particular groups in society. Boise State University has an Individuals and Families concentration that could be great for people interested in social services positions in their future.
One important factor to consider when choosing an online MSW program is the accreditation. While online programs can provide you with free time and flex-scheduling, they can still allow you to engage in CSWE-accredited course work throughout the process. Boise State University’s online MSW program currently holds accreditation with this agency making it an excellent option for those interested.<!- mfunc search_btn -> <!- /mfunc search_btn ->