There are over 10 different campus based BSW programs in Kentucky, including some online options as well. Here are a few universities in Kentucky with a BSW degree:
- Brescia University (campus and online BSW option)
- Campbellsville University (campus and online BSW)
- Kentucky Christian University
- Murray State University
- University of Kentucky
Deciding on an Online BSW Program
The rise in popularity of online BSW programs has led many universities to offering online versions of the BSW program, which can be beneficial for a multitude of learners with different learning styles and personal preferences for higher education.
Your online BSW program can provide you with the insight you need to identify problems areas for individuals and even communities. After graduating from this program, you could qualify for a large number of positions in multiple agencies and settings within your area.
If you would like to learn more about these incredible programs and the service areas they influence, read more in our team's guide below. Our goal is to provide you with relevant and accurate information about online BSW programs in Kentucky.
Kentucky learners can benefit from the large number of online BSW programs currently offered all over the state. Eastern Kentucky University, Cambellsville University, and Brescia University all have incredible online BSW programs for incoming learners just like you.
The online BSW program can look differently depending on the university you are reviewing. Some programs contain 100% online programs while others require you to participate in internships or practicum experience throughout your program.
The courses included in your BSW program can be just as diverse as the program itself.
- The first year of your program may contain a delve into general education courses like Humanities, Sociology, and Psychology, while later years can provide you with a deeper look into the social field as a whole.
- Courses focused on social work practice like Social Work Practice with Adults can allow you to look specifically at different age groups, their needs, and services that may be beneficial for their health and wellness. Some BSW programs can provide focus in practice with children, adolescents, and family units through these courses.
- Global Diversity is another course that can expand your knowledge and understanding of various groups in the U.S. and beyond. It is critical to consider the unique aspects of different cultures when providing social services, since different people may have different values, beliefs, and practices depending on their culture.
- Many online BSW programs may also provide learning opportunities in social research and social policy development. Your knowledge in these areas can help shape your methods for practice so that you operate daily under legal and ethical recommendations.
As you review each of the accredited online BSW programs in your state, you should seek out more information about any in-person requirements in order to choose a program that meets your unique needs. You are also encouraged to review each program's curriculum in order to prepare yourself for the learning experience ahead.
Popular Accredited BSW Program
The University of Louisville's online BSW is an incredibly popular option for incoming learners looking for convenience and quality with their educational experience. This program holds accreditation with the Council on Social Work Education, making it a preferred option for future social workers in this state.
This program consists of 120 credit hours that includes 37 credit hours of general education, 23 credit hours of electives, and 60 credit hours of core social work courses. This blend of diverse course offerings can help you develop a well-rounded skill set for future use.
The benefits of choosing this online program include the ability to log in and complete your weekly assignments at times that fit your schedule. Some students complete their work in the evenings or on weekends - which is not always possible when enrolled in traditional on-campus programs.
All-in-all, this program can be completed in around 4 years for most learners. As part of the greater learning experience, you may also be required to participate in a planned practicum experience at a location that is near you.
BSW Careers and Salaries
After engaging in a diverse and inclusive BSW program, you can have an incredible skill set for use with different individuals and groups in the field. Your online BSW program can lead you into popular career sectors such as social services, human services, healthcare, education, and mental health.
Mental Health Social Workers may partner with counseling agencies as an additional source of support for their clients. In-home behavioral monitoring services, community integration plans, and treatment plan follow-ups are just a few of the many responsibilities of professionals in this area.
School Social Workers may be hired by school systems to provide direct services to students with identified issues in learning, behavior, or family environment. In this area you can participate in educational planning and work with children and families to obtain services needed for educational success.
Whereven you pursue a career after completing your BSW program, you can be a meaningful and valuable aspect of personal development for your clients. Kentucky social workers have the ability to earn around $58,050 on average each year while working in the field.